Battlefield Vietnam Problem on Inspiron 1520

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camaro2000SS

Beta member
I have installed Battlefield Vietnam onto my Dell Inspiron 1520 (running Vista 32-bit) and installed all availiable updates for the games itself and my video card. I have tried running the game in every different compatibility mode and the **** thing still won't work.

Is there anything I can do to make this game work on my computer?

BFV... on Vista? You've got more guts than I do.

I really don't know anything offhand that would make it work. And I don't know anyone running BFV on Vista, either.

I do wish you luck, though. Maybe someone else here has tried it.

Haha, well I do appreciate you taking the time to atleast show me that you attempted to give me some advice....BUT

I looked around, found another guy with the exact same problem and computer but he had a solution on another forum. Dell Inspiron 1520 with Vista and the nVidia 8600M GT. The solution is as follows for anyone who may be having trouble:

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield Vietnam\Mods\BfVietnam\settings

Open the file "VideoDefault.con" in notepad and change the setting for "renderer.allowAllRefreshRates" from 0 to 1.

Make sure you go to properties and allow yourself full control of the file or else it will not let you save the edited version. I have only tested the game so far....Hopefully there will be no other problems once I get deeper into the game.

Hopefully this helps someone....I know it helped me.

I'm glad you found a solution, and I am thankful you posted it for anyone else who may have the same problem.

I never play BFV. I did piddle a little with 1942 single player, but have played BF2 for a while now. I am looking forward to BF3 (I skipped 2142... felt like a mod).

Have you played BF2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom