Battlefield Bad Company 2 for $19.95!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel the same way...great game...love the pace and the action. I think people play it like COD4+5+MW2 and then get confused why it's not like that game and every other game on the market. I love it. And yeah, the beta is not the final product. They said in an interview that it was, like Slam'n said, a few builds old. B E T A.

As far as people's choices on whether to buy it or not...don't buy it if you don't think you will like it. What's the point...you will just complain more than you already are because you spent the money on a game that you think is going to be something that it's not.

I'm not expecting it to play like CoD I know how it should play...but it sucks doing it...If they want people to beta test something they should at least give them an up to date version so they can fix it...why let people beta test something and submit the bugs when they could already be fixed?

The game has a ton of things that need worked on...and if they are already fixed then they need to show that

Why would they show it? It's a BETA. How many companies release BETAs and then give you the final product early, or show that all the bugs and every thing is fixed and fine and handy dandy before it hits retail? If every company showed what exactly still hasn't been fixed and how many bugs it has on release, I think the industry would do terrible. Companies would have a heck of a time with that.

I'm not expecting it to play like CoD I know how it should play...but it sucks doing it...If they want people to beta test something they should at least give them an up to date version so they can fix it...why let people beta test something and submit the bugs when they could already be fixed?

The game has a ton of things that need worked on...and if they are already fixed then they need to show that

If you don't like it then don't buy it and stop complaining. The game in it's current state is a BETA, it would be a huge waste of time and resources for DICE to throw out updates for a free BETA when what they should be doing is fine tuning the game for when it hits the shelves.

+1 to what james said.

Basically we are bug testing for EA. Whatever we find they will fix with either the final product or a patch out the door.

I know EA said that the PS3 beta showed them some surprises, as players were doing things they had not anticipated. EA had to scramble to fix these holes. ;)

^^^ when are they going to update the build and let players test the newer/better beta out?(assuming they are going to update it...)

Most likely we wont see any updates. The game is only 3 weeks away from Release and the beta has probably been a complete success in EA's eyes. No point in showing more, when the game is so close to release.

They gotta keep you on the edge of your seat wanting more.

I feel the same way...great game...love the pace and the action. I think people play it like COD4+5+MW2 and then get confused why it's not like that game and every other game on the market. I love it. And yeah, the beta is not the final product. They said in an interview that it was, like Slam'n said, a few builds old. B E T A.

As far as people's choices on whether to buy it or not...don't buy it if you don't think you will like it. What's the point...you will just complain more than you already are because you spent the money on a game that you think is going to be something that it's not.

Yeah. Call of Duty 4 & Modern Warfare 2 have both been released much sooner than BF2, and even 2142 so I think a lot of people getting into Bad Company 2 may not remember, or may not have even played Battlefield 2 and expect more of a COD situation.

I have longed for the next BF game (Which is now!) since BF2 started becoming "old". BF2 fancied me for over 2 years which I think is the longest I have ever played a game, and hope BC2 does the same. COD4 was the next closest thing, but I feel they don't compare.

The controls are fine. When BF2 first came out you could jump, strafe and shoot all at the same time and it was like a bunny hop fest with noobs bouncing and nade spamming like crazy. The controls are in place to keep the game more realistic and fair. No prone is a major tick on the Con side for me, but I can live with it because the game is so fast paced.

I think the game is certainly worth it. I do wish it would encourage better team play...especially with the way it's structured (in squads and such.) It still seems like people just go lone wolf for the most part.

Agreed 100%. If you mastered the BF2 controls, you can easily master the BC2 controls. And yes, the lack of prone really disappointed me, but the more I play the beta, the more I forget about the lack of prone.

In regards to Battlefield 3... It will not be exclusive to the PC. Nowadays, the computer is the underdog for gaming, and this is why most companies focus on the console first, and then the PC.

With that being said, speculation has it that BF3 will be made around the PC, and transfered to console. Also speculation has it that they are waiting for the next generation of Sony/Microsoft consoles to be released to support a more graphic intense game.

By the way, disappointingly enough, it seems hacker communities have already come with Wall Hacks, Aimbot, Skins and ESP's
chams.png

I hope PB will be capable of doing something about this. I have a server pre-ordered and with that being said, it looks like I'll be sifting through PB Screens a lot to find hackers.

^ Wow that sucks...at least you know what to look for ahead of time and you will have a server. Where are you located? I'll have to come play, depending on location of course...I am in Panama:doh:

Server is located in Illinois I believe, but from what I have found, that doesn't necessarily mean you'd lag.

I have gotten some good ping in Euro servers (and I'm in NY) in the beta.

Illinois is fine, Chicago, Texas, Florida...I've found that servers there are generally fine with most games. The further South the better though. I'm only on a 2MB down connect though because it cost $50/mo for just that much...it's lame. We'll see how it works out though :D

In regards to Battlefield 3... It will not be exclusive to the PC. Nowadays, the computer is the underdog for gaming, and this is why most companies focus on the console first, and then the PC.

With that being said, speculation has it that BF3 will be made around the PC, and transfered to console. Also speculation has it that they are waiting for the next generation of Sony/Microsoft consoles to be released to support a more graphic intense game.

It was confirmed like last june or something that the game was being worked on already. I don't think they'd be making a game already that isn't going to come out for 4 years or something. How much time did they spend working on those other titles, a year?

1942: Sept 2002
1942 xpack 1: Feb 2003
1942 xpack 2: Sept 2003
Vietnam: Mar 2004
BF2: July 2005
BF2 xpack: Nov 2005
BF2142: Oct 2006
BF 2142 boost: Mar 2007

I'm going to assume this one has been in production for at least a year: Battlefield 3 – BF3

Ok, obviously games can't really be made in that short amount of time to meet today's standard's anymore, but come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom