Battlefield Bad Company 2 for $19.95!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, I just noticed the sales rank of the game. Before I posted the link, it was at like 200 something. Now it's 11.

Game isn't worth $5 if you ask me. There is a demo on Xbox if you want to try it. I played the beta and couldn't stand the controls and movement in the game

yea ...i am kind of thinking about canceling my order.

You can't turn left or right while running (unless you move your mouse around), controls are soooo clunky, the gun bounces in such a goofy way when you do move, the dmg junk is still annoying to the point I won't even really play the game as it stands now :|

but I guess I'll try it out during the last days of beta testing (if they change stuff during the beta that is) and if it gets better I'll stick with it

I am playing on 360 and I love it. It's the only FPS i've played on console more than a few days without getting bored.

I will be picking up my pre-order for 360 on the 2nd. I doubt i'll be getting it for my PC becuase no matter how much they try to deny it, it IS a console based game and will never feel right with a mouse+keyboard. BF3 is what I'm waiting for.

yea ...i am kind of thinking about canceling my order.

You can't turn left or right while running (unless you move your mouse around), controls are soooo clunky, the gun bounces in such a goofy way when you do move, the dmg junk is still annoying to the point I won't even really play the game as it stands now :|

but I guess I'll try it out during the last days of beta testing (if they change stuff during the beta that is) and if it gets better I'll stick with it

Did you ever play BF2 or BF2142? The controls are basically the same. In BF2 and I believe 2142, you cannot strafe left or right while running either.

The only thing different in BC2 (Bad Company 2) is that there is no prone, because they say they want this to be a more "fast paced game" while Battlefield 3 which is supposed to be coming in a year or so will be more built for PC.

I personally love the beta (Ordered the limited edition through Steam). I already have ~30 hours in the beta and am looking forward to March 2nd.

By the way, the beta is a few builds old and was more a stress test on the network than finding bugs in the game. Most of the bugs you may find are probably already fixed in EA's build.

^^^ when are they going to update the build and let players test the newer/better beta out?(assuming they are going to update it...)

I personally love the beta (Ordered the limited edition through Steam). I already have ~30 hours in the beta and am looking forward to March 2nd.

By the way, the beta is a few builds old and was more a stress test on the network than finding bugs in the game. Most of the bugs you may find are probably already fixed in EA's build.

I feel the same way...great game...love the pace and the action. I think people play it like COD4+5+MW2 and then get confused why it's not like that game and every other game on the market. I love it. And yeah, the beta is not the final product. They said in an interview that it was, like Slam'n said, a few builds old. B E T A.

As far as people's choices on whether to buy it or not...don't buy it if you don't think you will like it. What's the point...you will just complain more than you already are because you spent the money on a game that you think is going to be something that it's not.

The controls are fine. When BF2 first came out you could jump, strafe and shoot all at the same time and it was like a bunny hop fest with noobs bouncing and nade spamming like crazy. The controls are in place to keep the game more realistic and fair. No prone is a major tick on the Con side for me, but I can live with it because the game is so fast paced.

I think the game is certainly worth it. I do wish it would encourage better team play...especially with the way it's structured (in squads and such.) It still seems like people just go lone wolf for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom