ATI in NVIDIA optimised games? HELP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alive.777

In Runtime
hey everyone
i have a little concernd about ATI in Nvidia optimised games. Just Cuase 2 in particular. i watched this video YouTube - Just Cause 2 Nvidia PC Features Trailer [HD] . it goes on about the features of the pc version. but if you notice, the thing has nvidia written all over it (well in title anyway) and on the box of the actuall game. Does this mean that my HD5770 will not have those impressive features showen in the video?

ive also heard alot about NVIDIA CUBA and PHYSX technology. if i put the game on my pc, will it look exactually the same as on a NVIDIA pc? pleas help

Yeah, if a game is optimized for one brand (usually Nvidia) that just means that it runs a little better on that brand. There isn't a huge difference. If your card is powerful anyway, it won't matter. You're card is good enough.

My 4870 was pretty close to a GTX470, FPS wise. Of course that GTX had the extra features of DX11 and the Nvidia features.

My 4870 is basically the same performance as a 5770.

My 4870 was pretty close to a GTX470, FPS wise. Of course that GTX had the extra features of DX11 and the Nvidia features.

My 4870 is basically the same performance as a 5770.

Really? That is quite odd if the game is indeed optimized for Nvidia.

Oh well, i just read an article on the web about the image quality and performance of the HD5850, HD5870, GTX470, GTX480. Image Quality - Just Cause 2 Gameplay Performance and Image Quality | [H]ard|OCP (click on imgages to inlarge) as you can see, nvidia CUBA has a big part in this game. with the "GPU Water Simulation" and a little of the "Bokeh Filtering". and all packaged so as AMD (which iam starting to dislike) can not render any of it.:angry: AMD really needs to step up their game in my opinion, they may have the fastest card out but NVIDIA has (obviously) better image effects which, at this rate, AMD will never achieve.

Will probaly make the switch to nvidia soon unless convinced otherwise. Sorry ATI, you just dont cut it for me :cry: Who knows what other games will have "NVIDIA ONLY" features in the future.

I guess Nvidia has become a little bit more price competitive in the mid-range market, but ATI is still winning higher up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom