Any really good LAN games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saladfork

In Runtime
My friends and I have been getting together to LAN up for a while now. We started with Halo 2, then it got boring, then we got into Warcraft 3 and now we killed it completly. We have been looking something that all of us can run decently (the computers we have been using vary from an old Celeron computer with 512 RAM, to a 1.8 ghz with a gig of ram... we generally use our laptops).

We are really looking for any game to kill some time with... we are so desperate for something to do that we are considering getting together for some massive gold mining to sell to people for money... maybe go swimming or something, but we are desperate.

I'd like to find a fps thats kinda old that either has 4 player coop, or where we can set up a decent 6 vs like 12 bots...

But yea, anyone have any good suggestions for a LANable game?

Counterstrike Source isn't too taxing on your system performance so that should be a good one. I want to suggest AOE3, Doom 3, Unreal Tournment, but they're a bit demanding on resources

yes unreal tournament 1 is awesome i play with my sister over the lan lol. also ive been to a few lan gaming sessions, and cs 1.6 should be good for you, and battlefield 1942 maybe. try some of the half life 1 mods, such as natural selection and sven coop.

Starcraft is the ultimate game.

Surprising that only ONE person mentioned SC... my FAV LAN game of all time. I find it awesome that a title so old is still so fun to play. It hides it's age pretty good too... My 18 year old brother didn't believe me that I played it back when I was in Junior High. Wiki says it was released in 1998, and Broodwars was in the same year.... that doesn't sound right.. I will have to check when I get home.

CS:Source

Hands down. Their's a reason the games so popular. You don't need that great of a computer to run it, and it's way fun.

Also, if you get bored of it, their are a ton of good mods for it on plenty of servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom