Alienware overrated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alienware doesn't always use quality parts. Their case and PSU is an example. They also offer good ram at a very high price so you gotta choose the cheap ones.

Just build it yourself, it's not hard at all. If you give me a budget, I can build one for you and just ship it to your for whatever shipping would cost.

If I wanted a GAMING LAPTOP for Lan Parties, I would go ALIENWARE.
However if it was a desktop, I would build myown as they are over priced.

Beter and cheaper than alienware (atleast in the uk)

rock

Don't look as funky though

Seriously the only time you get prebuilt is with laptops.

well, I found something on rock that looks like the alienware mALX but its $2000 cheaper!

But its kinda weird. Do they let you convert that to dollars at checkout or do I have to get some euros?

I think what a lot of the very tech savvy people here on this forum fail to realize is that there are ton's more people out there that aren't as tech savvy. Dollar for dollar, of course prebuilts are more expensive...there's labor costs, taxes, market demand...but Id bet you there's thousands of guys who could build a car from the chasis up that would blow a ford GT out of the water for an equal or lesser price, but that doesn't mean that latter isnt a good product. It just means it's not cost efficient for you. Some people dont have the know how, and for many of them prebuilt's are worth it. I try to learn more about computers (and lots of stuff) everyday, but I still wouldnt feel comfortable building my own. I bought a prebuilt and am pleased. It has lots of room for expansion and I have lots of potential to learn how to capitalize on that. And I will. But for lots of guys, if you want good comp quickly, youre going to have to have to spend the cash. we live in a capitalistic society, so thats how it works. doesnt mean the product is bad, it just not might be worth it to YOU.

ya I know what your talking about, I take pride in my knowledge of computers but not in build them. I can see how it would leave you with some extra cash and a feeling of self-satisfaction and I can see you could screw up and it could leave you broke and still computerless.

also, the monthly payments are a real lifesaver. because when your 16 its really hard to make 3,000 some dollars appear out of nowhere. acually,come to think of it, its hard for anyone to make money appear out of nowhere lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom