Age of Conan Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news is I just finished downloading a huge patch and I'm good to go. The introduction movie looks really cool.

Bad news is they pushed back the time to open the servers to 20:00GMT:(

Oh well, I'm off work tomorrow so my day off will be filled with Conan and going to see Iron Man.

yeah it was done when i woke up too. pleasant surprise. i guess fileplanet aint so bad IF you only download at the awkward hours of the day XD

I lol'd pretty hard at the "This may take a long time" too. haha. good thing i got mario kart wii to hold me over lmao. talk about get a lousy sleep last night. felt like a kid at christmas

Only through Fileplanet if you have a subscription and I think yesterday was the last day you could register.

Servers now pushed back to 22:00 GMT. Couple more hours.:(

Played for about an hour or so far. Observations:
1) Game dominates my PC if i max everything on 1900x1200.
2) I can play 1680x1060 with 2xAA and most things high with 40 FPS average, which looks fine. So thats cool.
3) Its a real good thing their stress testing servers ^^ They need it. Crazy hangtime whenever other people are around. hangs for 2-4 seconds every 3-6 seconds.
4) Loading screens lock up quite often, resulting in 5-15 min load screens. And server disconnect 3 or 4 times.
5) Lots and Lots of game freezes/lockups. be it while fighting, or just walking/moving camera. Locks up once every 10-15 min, requiring you to end process and restart ><

Loading screen thing is a bit oddball, i have time to make coffee and lie down for a few between screens. The hangtime whenever a mob is engaged, or other people are around is a bother but expected. Hopefully it'l be cleared by launch, or the final product will be unplayable.
6) DX10 seems to be unfunctional altogether, for myself and quite a few others it seems.

All in all its running as expected, which isn't bad, but not ideal for 3 weeks to launch. I've noticed quite a few graphical glitches as well. But overall I'm pretty pleased with it. looks like they've done a good job. The combat system takes some getting used to and some keys need to be rebinded due to awkward placing but thats natural. ^^

Server just went down for a few. Quick warning. AVOID global chat lol. It reminds me of WoW general chat. your intelligence will drop just from listening. A lot of people whining and crying too. real pain. good thing you can disable it.

hope to see some of you in-game. i havent figured out how to add friends yet lol but character name is Kayla. hit me up if you can.

I'm back to thinking about SLI heh. I cant max it out 1900x1200. i get 15-20 fps.
i average 40fps at 1680x1060 with drawdistance down by 600m and a few other things turned down a bit. 40fps is playable but 30 and under is a bit stuttery. 50-60 is ideal for AoC in my opinion.

Waiting for the 9900's is gonna be a pain lol, thinkin about going for evga 9800gtx's but step up will probably run out before i can use it. Id have to change my whole setup too >< wc tubes are cut quite short, no room for 2 vid cards >.> ah well, performance will probably rise a bit on full release, i may try to hold out. 1900x1200 was pretty nice lookin tho ; ;

on a side note things server-side seem to be running a lot smoother today. Havent had many of those crazy loading issues, and the constant 2-4 second hangs in certain places are fewer. I'm still getting the occasional lockup every 15 or 20 min requiring a forced restart of the game (not pc) but no biggie.
Games runnin pretty good overall. reporting the bugs is exausting :S I've seen a few funny one's, like misplaced NPC's during a cutscene story sequence, or things bending in ways they shouldnt XD overall the graphical glitches seem a lot lower than I expected. Climbing still has a few bugs in certain spots where it just wont work, but meh, not really needed for the beta anyway.

if i had to put money on it, id bank it'll be in great shape and ready to ship launch day. If they're promptly taking care of stuff as we go along, instead of letting it pile up XD I know theres probably a lot of people ignoring the bug report and just playing (they've said so in global chat rofl, waste of keys) but i bet they're getting flooded by reports none the less XD

oh edit~ one thing that drives me nuts, you cant seem to be able to change the chat text color. its so hard to read orange on a beach or grass, or anything brightly colored. gave me a heache in just 3 hours, even with text size turned up. XD I hope they add an option on full release for that. I threw i nthe suggestion, dunno if it'll help or not.

it might already be there but I couldn't find it after lookign for a good 30 min, as well as half a dozen other players.

Thanks for the updates. I haven't preordered yet. I want to make sure most of the issues are being resolved in beta before I decide to shell out the cash for it. Going by your updates, it looks like they are fixing problems as they are arising, which is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom