About Guild Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man watever you do don't get that game... I have radeon 9200 1.05 ghz and 512 ram on my crummy computer.

I ran so bad the land was just tiles of brown.

Waste of money.

Save up For Guild wars 2

dawizhacker said:
Man watever you do don't get that game... I have radeon 9200 1.05 ghz and 512 ram on my crummy computer.

Waste of money.

Save up For Guild wars 2

Well just because your computer couldn't play it well doesn't mean the game itself is bad. If he gets a graphics card then he should be able to play it at decent settings.

dawizhacker said:

Waste of money.

Save up For Guild wars 2

Well, my processors kicks your processors behind, and thats probably one of the reasons it was so bad. I also now have 1024 RAM in my rig now. Also, I'm getting a Radeon 9250 slightly better then your 9200, I would get a 6600 Geforce, although my computer doesn't have any AGP slots. So that best card I can get is either a 9250, or a FX 5500. Although, I decided to get the 9250 because its has 256MB of RAM on it over the FX 5500 which only has 128.

Also you say Guild Wars 2? No, its called Guild Wars: Chapter 2. Its an expansion pack, and you need the first game to play it.

Kidd the amount of ram doesnt matter on a card what matters, is the core clock, and the memory clock, the amount of pixel pipelines and vertex shaders.

You tell me whats better:

BFG Geforce FX 5500-

Warranty Terms - Parts Lifetime

Warranty Terms - Labour Lifetime

Type of Video Card Graphics

Video Memory 256MB

Interface Slot Type PCI

Type of Processor GeForce FX 5500

Number of Processors 1

Clock Speed of Video Memory (RAMDAC) Dual RAMDACs (2 at 350MHz each)

Number of Polygons per Second 72.5 million vertices/sec.

S-Video Output Yes

Software Included NVDVD 2.0, Windowblinds BFG/Asylum Windows XP skins, NVIDIA unified drivers

System Requirements Intel® Pentium® III, Intel® Celeron®, AMD Duron™ or AMD Athlon™ processor or higher; Windows 95 (OSR 2), 98, NT 4.0 (SP5 or SP6), 2000, ME or XP; 128MB RAM; 50MB free hard drive space; CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive; PCI 2.0 slot

Additional System Requirements Minimum 250W power supply recommended

ATi Radeon 9250 -

Warranty Terms - Parts 3 years limited

Type of Video Card Graphics

Video Memory 256MB

Interface Slot Type PCI

Type of Processor ATI RADEON 9250

Number of Processors 1

Clock Speed of Video Memory (RAMDAC) Dual RAMDACs (2 at 400MHz each)

Maximum 2D Resolution (at 32-bit color) 2048 x 1536

Maximum 3D Resolution (at 32-bit color) 2048 x 1536

Megapixels/Megatexels 1.1 billion pixels/sec.

Supports MPEG-1, 2 Yes

DVD Decoding Yes

TV-Out Yes

Video Format MPEG-1, MPEG-2, DVD, HDTV

Software Included ATI CATALYST

System Requirements Intel® Pentium® 4, III, II or Celeron® processor; AMD-K6®, Duron™, Athlon™, Athlon XP™ or compatible processor; Windows 98, 2000, ME, XP, 64MB RAM; PCI slot

Additional System Requirements CD-ROM drive required for installation software, DVD playback requires DVD drive

(Both priced at 130$)

Jeez, a Leadtek 6600 GT costs about $130 lol...

Anyway, toss a coin, neither one really has an advantage. Thing is, PCI slots have crappy bandwith, so even if you had a 7800 GTX, it would still perform like crap. Whichever one has a cooler paint scheme i guess.

Alright I finally got everything working...and to tell you the truth, it really kicks ass. I purchased the GeForce FX 5500, and after 12 hours of fiddiling with my computer to get it to work, it was worth it. Even though I'm not happy with the installation.

PLUS! I have it running on maxium settings, and it does it like a breeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom