7800 GT- how good is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KryptoKnight

In Runtime
I chose some parts for a pretty good gaming rig, but everyone recommended a 7800 gt instead of gtx. Will a 7800 gt still be able to play games like BF2 and Quake 4 on full settings?

yea it should. but just remember for bf2 u need at least 2 gigs of ram for it to run smoothly. i have a 7800gtx and everything runs fine after about 5 min of running around in the map waiting for everything to finish storing texture or whatever files on my hdd cause i ran outta space on my gig of ram. thats just absurd.

lol! (will h4x 4 food) yea the same thing hapens with mine, 1gb truley sucks! lol i wish i could afford 2 gigs. but yea the 7800gt is a BEAST MASTER! LOL but i think i could still very easliy push its limits in cod2, but not in bf2 becasue that games graphics are truley cheese ball lol they are good and bad at the same time. that game would really only need 1.5gigs of memory and a 6800NP to run.

I have a 7800GT and i absolutly love it. But i also have 2gigs of ram so i dont know how it is with 1gb. I can play FEAR maximum settings with everything turned on and get an average of 48fps. I have Quake 4 and it runs very nice on max but im not sure with what fps. I also play BF2 maxed out and thats fine too. Like you said, the gtx really isnt worth it for the extra 5-10 fps that it offers, so just stick with the 7800gt.

burned-ati said:
lol! (will h4x 4 food) yea the same thing hapens with mine, 1gb truley sucks! lol i wish i could afford 2 gigs. but yea the 7800gt is a BEAST MASTER! LOL but i think i could still very easliy push its limits in cod2, but not in bf2 becasue that games graphics are truley cheese ball lol they are good and bad at the same time. that game would really only need 1.5gigs of memory and a 6800NP to run.

With 1.5 gig your single channel though,so their's a peformance loss.

7800GT will run BF2 on max without any problem.

As suggested though, you'll need more RAM for higher end performance.

You guys are having computer issues.

I havnt gotten BF2 up and running on my 7800 yet, but with the 6800GT it played everything fine and I never ran out of ram.

What kind of beefy crap do you have in the background? A gig of ram is enough to play that game for hours... until you reach some of its bad code :-\

Alex81388 said:
You guys are having computer issues.

I havnt gotten BF2 up and running on my 7800 yet, but with the 6800GT it played everything fine and I never ran out of ram.

What kind of beefy crap do you have in the background? A gig of ram is enough to play that game for hours... until you reach some of its bad code :-\

i have 24 processes running with about 140 megs of space used when i click to run the game. so i dont think i have a problem there. plus, do u have everything set to MAX? this means 4x antialaising and maximum antistropic and maximum everything else.

The 7800GT is an excellent card. I have one and love it, I got it so I could play at 1280x1024 on newer games. The only games that really stress it are F.E.A.R. and CoD 2. F.E.A.R. only does it because of how terribly optimized the engine is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom