30 fps in crysis just not good enough for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will you people stop whining and crying and just wait for new hardware... Geez.

I second that

Crysis is a overly demanding and poorly produced Hardware engine (while the Graphics are good they kinda overdid it) just wait for new cards like the hd3870 x2 or 9800 x2

^^^ Here here. It's a good game at heart but it did more harm than good coming out like it did. Why anger the community with a game they want to play but you know they can't. It's more of a tease than that Singaporean girl I met last Saturday....

That being said I played through once and I'll play through again when it comes time to swapping out my video card. That'll be in another 1- 1.5 years. If I can play every other game, except Crysis, at full and run smooth as silk with what I have now then why change?

Well, actually, I think you need to do your homework before making bold dismissive statements like the one you just did. Crysis does look much smoother at 30fps than other games do at 30 fps - and that isn't just my opinion, it's a provable fact. Why? Because, Crytek knew that no one would be pulling 60fps in their game with all the eye candy turned on at a high resolution, so they developed special "frame rate stabilization" software in their Cryengine 2 game engine, which Crysis is based off of. Their frame rate stabilization technology runs on cores 2 and 3 if you have a quad core while AI and physics run on Cores 0 and 1. This makes the game look much smoother than it actually is.

What if you don't have 4 cores????

Does it then look like any other game at 30 FPS?

What if you don't have 4 cores????

Does it then look like any other game at 30 FPS?

Probably.....

Anyway I just got Crysis and just measured my FPS with all settings on 'very high DX9' at 1280x1024. I only get about 30 FPS on average, but it feels just like 100 FPS in any other game. Perfectly smooth and crisp. So I retract what I said earlier, 30 FPS in Crysis on a Quad-core is completely playable. I thought for sure I would need SLI to enjoy this game, but NOPE! :D

Why dont you guys play it at 1440x900? It looks way better...i play 1440x900 on medium and it looks pretty good, and is pretty playable and looks like other games on high. The lower framerates im getting actually inst my card, its my cpu.

Why would i play it at 1440x900 when my monitor's native res is 1920x1200. The reason people are annoyed is because the game is not optimized for crap. There are lots of other games out that look just as good and dont force you to drop your resolution to that of a 17"

Why would i play it at 1440x900 when my monitor's native res is 1920x1200. The reason people are annoyed is because the game is not optimized for crap. There are lots of other games out that look just as good and dont force you to drop your resolution to that of a 17"

I mean for people who have 22 inchers, and play it at 1280x1024. Yeah you gotta play at 1680x1050 minimum, i wouldint even dare unless i had a q6600 or phenom.

That reminds me, now that i'm back to overclocked, i need to get the patch and rerun the benchmarks. I was sitting at 46fps with the benchmark on my craptastic abit board.

Even with my 256mb card, if i had a q6600 id be up in the 40fps range. Its my cpu thats hurtin my score, 1280 isnt high enough of a res for the memory to come into play, even in crysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom