WWE2K16 - The wrestling sim you want?

lastplace09

Fully Optimized
Most of you probably don't care, but some of you might closet-care, so I'm going to tell you what I think about this game.

First off--it is better than the previous version by a mile. The modes are robust, the character models are better and the roster is gigantic.

If you're on the fence about this one and didn't get last year's this is a good year. ;-)

Now that that is out of the way, here is what I played and why I think this is a buy.

Create a Wrestler - It might just be me, but this seems super deep. More deep than I can remember it ever being. You can get as granular or as high level as you want in this. I made Starman from the old NES game and was able to build a move set that matched his in the original game. STAR KICK!!!

"Play" - This is like an exhibition mode and although it's fun, this is not where the REAL fun begins. Not much to say. All the matches you want are there.

My Career - I really like this mode. You get to conduct stupid interviews and train and try to capture titles. It's a lot like any other sports game that came out with the 2k label, but it's wrestling and that's for me! You can import your custom wrestler into the game, but all the skill points are set to default...which makes sense, but it was a little jarring at first.

I really enjoy the fact that you can set this mode up so your friends' custom wrestlers can invade your game. It wasn't working last night, how cool of a concept is that???

There are so many other things going on in this mode, but I love it. There are hate meters, sp points, vpc points, rankings, authority settings, run ins, interviews, and other crazy crap I can't even process yet. Basically, this mode is a simulator and is super fun.

My Universe - This is what I remember it to be. I only played a little bit of it, but basically it allows you to play as if you are following the show. You can pick which matches you want to play and/or simulate. It's a heck of a lot of fun and I imagine I'm going to spend a great deal of time in it.

2k Showcase - this is where you relive moments in history, particularly Stone Cold's history. It's fun, but also takes control away from you during certain parts to ensure historical accuracy. I'm not ecstatic about this mode, but it is still fun. This is where many of the unlocks come from btw.

Some other notable elements in no particular order--

The roster is robust, but I still feel like it's missing something. Can't put my finger on it.

The character models are better, but holy sh** DDP's hair is horrid. Renee Young looks like a ghoul. Most of the other characters look great though. The facial expressions look like a little funky at times though.

The curated menu music--turn that sh** off. Bleggh.

Load times are long in some places, but they are manageable.

Wrestler entrances seem a little off as well, but they are pretty accurate.

7.999999999 / 10

Would buy again.

Thanks for typing this out and I'm glad you're enjoying it. I don't see myself getting it at $60 though. Not when I am still going through Uncharted and Fallout 4 is in two weeks.

I think I'll be getting it in the next 6 months though and we can play around together in it.

This game sounds good but I know if I got it I would barely play it.

Can I blade and drive up my salary for the next ppv after getting "yelled at" be Vince?

My housemate loves wrestling, and about 70% of his games (and he has a good 25 or so) are wrestling ones, so I'm tempted to get it for him if it's a good jump up from the previous one.

With the pitiful state of the wwe, the story line in the new game is most likely more entertaining and less predictable.

OH wait. Another cena win....that's a shock.

Back
Top Bottom