What!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beowyf

Solid State Member
Now that PS3 and X360 specifications are out, what is all of this "teraflops" and 1080p and 1080i. I also see that the PS3 is only be powered by one processor, but they say it will top the X360, but then again didn't they say the X360 had three processors all at 3.2GHz? I just don't get this...

(Refering to this.

Oh, it means that the 1 sony's processor is faster than 1 of xbox's processor (you got that wrong, i think you missread that). Sony's processor is gunna be quad or dual at least processoring...

Dunno what nintendo is, but it's 2 or 3 times the GCN speed... (in comparsion, sony said that the PS3 would be 216x the speed of the PS2)

My bad, i think this is bad...

I think it's however many processors sony is running vs. whatever number of processors that the xbox is running.

the ps3 is based on cell technology. so if you have a broadband connection you can utilize other peripherials that have cell technology. so, in theory say you hook up to the network with the ps3 and there are 4 other people with a ps3. it will use those processors to increase its power. kind of like a super computer. only problem is that the speed will be directly dependant on the amount of ps3's online (or any cell device online) at a time and if they are in use via other cell processes or not. theoretically, this can mean VERY fast speeds, or not. guess alot depends on its architecture. if I have a ps3 and you do and say 1000 other people, how much sharing can occur between these cell processors? if 5 are idle and the others are churning away, how many of the remaining 995 can use the free resources? so, its hard to say. xbox2 uses a similar approach, except it has 3 seperate processors each with its own l1 and l2 cache and a total of 6 hardware piplines (meaning no turn taking, sound, vid, and inputs will not have to wait in turn for instruction use).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom