teh N00Bshack! Games... games and games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

commandercup

cuPWNED
teh N00Bshack - Powered by vBulletin

Hehe, I've been meaning to start up a mini gaming community for quite a while... but haven't had the resources to do so...

But... now I do!

I'm currently scrounging parts for a decent server rig to use as a TF2 server for teh N00Bshack as well as a seperate server for who knows what...

The current plan is to be a generalized gaming community, preferably centered around PC gaming and TF2/CSS

Competitive teams will be started for TF2 and possibly CSS, although definately nothing past CAL-O or maybe some OGL

If anything... I can also provide some basic hosting for clans that need it, ie. you can get a subdomain of teh N00Bshack such as: bobisfunforgames.n00bshack.com

You'd have to talk with me privately about it and it would of course be free xD, you'd be an official affiliate of the N00Bshack and may have to do certain things on my site to remain affiliated/hosted. Server space and bandwidth arrangements will be made. FTP access is available and as long as your not planning on running some super huge clan, my hosting is great (250 GB total, as well as 2048MB bandwidth monthly)

I need some help finding ways to recruit members and to find a good system to input community ideas into the group.

Joining now can almost guarentee you a spot as staff for the community which would possibly earn you moderator powers on the forum, admin on the game servers etc.

I'd like to stress that teh N00Bshack is based around building a community and making friends who share common gaming interests and is not a site for profit! Any and all future funds/donations received from premium memberships (ie. admin on servers and access to exclusive events) will be recycled for usage within the community. (For instance: $50 raised would become a prize for a tournament, raffle or contest)

Anyone who's really interested in becoming a major contributor or co-creator or joining can contact me via PM or email (commandercup a t gmail.com) as well as xfire, commandercup (currently offline until the end of this week since my PC is dead)

I'm not trying to recruit too many people here, but rather trying to find a core dedicated group of people who can help me get the community off the ground... You'll earn a permanent place in N00Bshack history and will always have a welcome back if you ever decide to leave.

Sounds pretty cool, ill join up, not sure what i can do though. To start everything off you should have a tournament. With a game most people have or can get. Maybe Quake 3 Arena to start things off?

quake 3 arena!?

maybe a TF2 tournament... although teams won't work very well so yeah we need a FFA game

hmm... half life 2 deathmatch?

COD 4 FFA tourny?

what type of prize? I need to get the server up first though lol, know anybody who would donate some old school parts? (ie. some sort of motherboard?)

cool, I'm looking for something as cheap as possible

nothing near modern lol

Late P4 era to early C2D

Or.. maybe a nice early gen Xeon...

ATX Form Factor PL0X, I've already got a PSU, and case as well as cooling (passive, water etc.)

so just a mobo/cpu/ram/hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom