The Road to The next Gen of Consoles

My main concern with new consoles is backwards compatibility. If they don't include that feature in the PS4, I think there will be a bit of a riot. With current gaming technology, we've hit a level where it's difficult to progress too much further based on TV technology. I wonder if the PS4 would be 4k capable for instance.

Also, side note: I wouldn't bother with the new PS3 Superslim thing, it's put together like a piece of crap. Really flimsy. Only good thing about it is it's quiet.

I would not be surprised if the next gen was ready by xmas of 2013, as far as power upgrades for the next system... did you see that starwars game? holy shizznit that looks incredible and would not run on the current gen

My main concern with new consoles is backwards compatibility. If they don't include that feature in the PS4, I think there will be a bit of a riot. With current gaming technology, we've hit a level where it's difficult to progress too much further based on TV technology. I wonder if the PS4 would be 4k capable for instance.

Also, side note: I wouldn't bother with the new PS3 Superslim thing, it's put together like a piece of crap. Really flimsy. Only good thing about it is it's quiet.
Backwards compatibility holds back productivity because you have to keep all the old things and do more to do less, if that makes any sense. Perfect example, AMD.

1080p will be around a WHILE longer. Everybody and their cousins mother has a 1080p these days.

I don't think we'll be seeing much backwards compatibility from here on out. They're making too much money re-selling us our old games with DD and HD upgrades.

Hahah "HD" upgrades.
Besides I look at it this way, if you have the game, then why wouldn't you have the console that goes with it?

The faster we progress with newer consoles out, the faster we get emulators for previous gen consoles too. I'm down with that.

Back
Top Bottom