Recording Game play

Status
Not open for further replies.

suicidejockey

Beta member
:tongue: Yo, first things first. I have a dazzle to record my ps3, its not to bad quality but i am hating the fact I am having to play in SD !! Does ANYONE know of anyway i can play in HD and record in SD, if it means buying extra cables for this to work i am willing to :) Thanks.

Right if theres no way to play in HD ( pretend i have no equipment to record with), i have my Windows Vista computer connect via RGB to my 32" LG TV, so what that means, is that i both play my ps3 and go on my comp on the same screen. So if anyone is genius enough to think of a plan for me that will allow me to record ps3 with hypercam or something like that , i would cry :D

Plus i am wanting alternatives to dazzle. I am wanting to know about anything that will record my ps3, i already know about Easycap, Hauppauge HD PVR and dazzle. Any other suggestions and prices and quality rating out of 10 would be really appreciated !!

Thanks Guys :thumbsup:

:tongue: Yo, first things first. I have a dazzle to record my ps3, its not to bad quality but i am hating the fact I am having to play in SD !! Does ANYONE know of anyway i can play in HD and record in SD, if it means buying extra cables for this to work i am willing to :) Thanks.

Right if theres no way to play in HD ( pretend i have no equipment to record with), i have my Windows Vista computer connect via RGB to my 32" LG TV, so what that means, is that i both play my ps3 and go on my comp on the same screen. So if anyone is genius enough to think of a plan for me that will allow me to record ps3 with hypercam or something like that , i would cry :D

I do know of one method that may work for your scenario. If you use a Slingbox, you essentially run the component cords into the input. Fortunately, there is a passthrough that allows you to run another set of component cords back to your TV. Now, in order to record, you would have to access your Slingbox from your Vista computer. Once you have that open, I would recommend using a free screen video recorder I found online, called CamStudio. Quality would be heavily dependent on your internet speeds. I would rate it around 6/10; but you could definitely play in HD.

Last thing you would want to address is the audio issue. Obviously, you would want to record that portion from the computer itself. However, judging by the closeness to your laptop, that may be an issue. There would be a bit of lag between the two; but as long as you can deal with playing without audio on your TV and/or wearing headphones, you would be good.

You can buy the Slingbox for about $140 on Amazon right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom