Official Star Wars: Battlefront Thread

I'm a little apprehensive of the EA cash grab as well. Games usually always release on Tuesdays, so I'll read some reviews and feedback throughout the day; if it's a broken mess then I'll hold off, otherwise I'll scoop it up on my way home from work that day.

NHL 15 was the last game that I pre-ordered, and I had to cancel that pre-order prior to release because EA waited until the 11th hour to drop the bombshell that 80% of the game's features were going to be gutted and stripped on the Xbox One/PS4 versions. It was sort of a wake up call, asking me to question why I even bothered pre-ordering it in the first place. So I can get a free gold pack of ultimate team cards each week for 6 months? That's nice I guess... except that I don't really care about the ultimate team mode, making my pre-order bonus pointless to begin with.

That's when I kind of realized that there isn't really any incentive in pre-ordering games. Usually bonuses are either cosmetic, or something small like an extra weapon that you don't need or is comparable with a weapon available in the base game. If it's a character or a map, chances are it'll be released to everyone as DLC within the next few months anyway. If I really want that extra item, I'd rather pay a few dollars for it a little down the line than blindly dropping $60 into a game without knowing what I'm getting into.

First and foremost, game engine footage doesn't mean in game footage. It could look better, worse, or the same as what we're shown. Secondly, I would be willing to bet that this game won't have the same issues Battlefield did. It may have EA\Dice stench to it, but I bet Disney will have a massive QA hand over this game due to it being their IP. If they manage to release a bothced game I have a feeling Disney will give EA a massive pimp hand slap.

Anyways, super excited for this game. Can't wait.

First and foremost, game engine footage doesn't mean in game footage. It could look better, worse, or the same as what we're shown. Secondly, I would be willing to bet that this game won't have the same issues Battlefield did. It may have EA\Dice stench to it, but I bet Disney will have a massive QA hand over this game due to it being their IP. If they manage to release a bothced game I have a feeling Disney will give EA a massive pimp hand slap.

Anyways, super excited for this game. Can't wait.

Hahahaha! Pimp hand slapped! :lol:

Anyone else actually excited that this could be battlefield with a star wars skin? In comments sections, there are a lot of people that seem to be concerned about this, but I think it would be really freaking cool if it plays closer to battlefield than the orginal battlefronts. Just my opinion.

Use to play the first games all the time when I was younger, was kinda disappointed when a friend stuck this in the skype chat. Not sure about all the details as I haven't actually been following the game development.

PS2 Version:
Clone Wars and Galactic Civil War
Space battles
64 players on PC version (including tons of bots)
30 unique vehicles
26 Maps all with different variants.
Single Player Campaign
23 playable Heroes & Villains
Made by a great developer but the team but destroyed by EA.
EA's next gen triple A game:
Only Galactic Civil War
No Space battles
Only 40 players with no bots.
Only 6 confirmed vehicles. AT-ATs aren't even playable.
Only 4 planets
No Single Player Campaign
Published by EA games.
Good job EA. You've made a sequel to a decade old game with not even half the amount of content as the original. I have no clue how anyone can defend this.

Use to play the first games all the time when I was younger, was kinda disappointed when a friend stuck this in the skype chat. Not sure about all the details as I haven't actually been following the game development.

PS2 Version:
Clone Wars and Galactic Civil War
Space battles
64 players on PC version (including tons of bots)
30 unique vehicles
26 Maps all with different variants.
Single Player Campaign
23 playable Heroes & Villains
Made by a great developer but the team but destroyed by EA.
EA's next gen triple A game:
Only Galactic Civil War
No Space battles
Only 40 players with no bots.
Only 6 confirmed vehicles. AT-ATs aren't even playable.
Only 4 planets
No Single Player Campaign
Published by EA games.
Good job EA. You've made a sequel to a decade old game with not even half the amount of content as the original. I have no clue how anyone can defend this.
I think some of that is wrong. I believe there will be some type of bot mode in lieu of a single player campaign. A friend of mine and I were just talking about this the other day though. It appears to ship with less content than battlefield4 and battlefront 2. It's EA though so I can't say I'm surprised. I can't wait to see what the dlc plans are for this one. I'm willing to bet there will be more add on content by the end than what actually ships with the game.

Back
Top Bottom