which game made you break a controller the fastest

I remember mentioning this before back in the old GH digs, but the worst for me was trying to earn the complete all global challenges achievement in FIFA World Cup 2006. The premise of the global challenges thing was sort of like Madden moments - the game puts you in different situations that occurred in real life and you are tasked with either recreating or rewriting history.

The final challenge was a nightmare. It was based off of the 1958 World Cup final between Sweden and Brazil, where Brazil won 5-2. In the game, however, you had to play as Sweden and change history by defeating Brazil. They start you off in the 80th minute and you are down 4-2; on top of it, with the accelerated in-game clock, that final ten minutes or so goes by in about a minute & 1/2 in real time.

On top of THAT, you use the current rosters; meaning, you play as hapless Sweden vs stacked Brazil. How stacked? So stacked that I even stooped as low as going into the rosters and subbing Brazil's 3rd string defenders and made them attackers, and put their 3rd string attackers as defenders...and even like they their overall ratings still overpowered Sweden's.

It took me about 6 months of random attempts before I was able to unlock it. The achievement itself was worth 500 gamerscore, and I've yet to see another worth that much. It was the hardest and most frustrating thing ever.

First three games that come to mind thatalmost caused controller death are Demon's Souls, Bayoneta, and Valkyria Chronicles.

Man I loved VC and its the most underrated game this gen but the battles could take over an hour to complete and losing meant starting the entire battle over. I had to trad it before I lost a controller but now I'm ****ed because you can't find a cheap copy of the game anywhere anymore

I haven't ever broke a controller. I just think bad thoughts about the game, quit playing it, grumble about the what retards the game play engineers were and realize that I have better things to do.

Mario Cart and Mario 64 have caused me lots of grief. Also, every racing simulator (not street racing games) are stupid like that.
What makes me more mad is when they release a game (Halo Reach for example) with the crappiest maps you can possibly imagine and then release $80 worth of DLC that you have to have in order to do anything fun.
:Deskflip:
Needless to say, I'm not going back to my 360 until they come up with an easy way to hack it like you could with the original Xbox. Arr, mateys.
:YouMad:

hahahaha your kid said you were fixing a controller the other night

that was the controller i was fixing.... the square button was sticking so i threw that mother against the wall (not one of my better moments in parenting i will admit). But it didnt fix my controller, imagine that. So a few months later we are wanting to split screen Borderlands 2 and i needed to fix that controller. so i took it completely apart, clean it up and it works fine now. granted it has more tape holding it together than your standard dual shock.

Back
Top Bottom