FPS Drops With x800 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raggy

Beta member
Alright I purchased the x800 pro and I have noticed the entire time I have been using it I have gotten a lot of fps drops in counter-strike. Not random fps drops but drops like in spots where they would normally be. I had this same exact problem with my 9600 XT both on the same system. At first I thought it might be just settings and i messed around with them but no luck, and then I rolled back my direct X version from 9.0c to 9.0b because I am pretty sure I remember this happening when 9.0c was released.

------------------------------------------------------------
AMD 2700+
ASUS A7N8X E-Deluxe
Corsair TwinX XMS Ultral Low Latency 512 x2
2x Western Digital 36.7 gb 10,000 RPM Raptors
Western Digital 80 gb 7200 RPM
ATI Radeon x800 Pro
Ultra X-Connect 500W PSU

Um...you might want to update the drivers and check for spyware/adware.

9.0c is required by most new games so...try reinstalling it.

Well I originally had this problem on a 9600xt then i upgraded and zeroed all my drives and everything , a clean reinstall. and i get the same problem I got it on 4.8 catalyst drivers with 9.0b and 9.0c and i get the problem with 4.10 catalyst drivers with 9.0b and 9.0c just odd that i dont remember even haveing this problem on my old geforce 5200

Is it on the Aztec level? I had the same problem...it was sooo annoying. Lowering the texture detail will fix it...but I'm not sure you want to do this being as you've spent $400 on a video card.

ATI Brand
Well it happens on any level where the card has to render a lot of sprites.. I hope it is something I can fix rather than the engine just not liking my card. Like if I am in a server by myself I will get much higher fps looking from that spot than if the server has 20 people in it even if none are on screen.

Ok, well have you checked for Adware/ spyware?

www.lavasoftusa.com get the free personal one.

When that is installed check for updates off the bat,

Then go to "Next" and there will be 4 options, Check "Use custom scanning" and then click "Customize" next to it. Check "Scan Within Archives"

And then scan and remove anything.

If that doesnt work then you have a driver issue (my best guess) or give Windows XP SP2 a try (helped my laggy).

Check back if those dont work or if you dont have Windows XP. DO NOT GET XP THINKING IT WILL FIX THE PROBLEM IF YOU DONT HAVE XP!! I dont want you to spend money on it (its just a thought).

How long ago have you purchased the X800 Pro. If I were you, I would try to take it back and get a GeForce 6800GT. It is the same price and is a much, much better card than the X800 Pro, although the X800 still isn't a bad card.

you say it drops when there is a lot ppl in the maps, i'd say that sounds a little like a RAM issue, how much and what type do you have? I'd reccomend atleast 1 gig of ram for the newer games.

edit: looked at ur specs in ur sig, your ram looks fine, i'd say probably a bug, or the game is just that demanding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom