The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Strength of a soul (petty/normal/greater/grand) decides how strong the enchantment is, with a grand soul being the strongest. Plus it recharges magical weaponry more.

First, you need to have an empty soul gem in your inventory. You also need a weapon with a Soul Trap enchantment (or a Soul Trap sell). If you kill something while the Soul Trap effect is on them, and you have a big enough soul gem, you will steal their soul and fill the soul gem. For the different levels and more info, look here.
Skyrim:Soul Trap - UESPWiki

If it's a person or particularly powerful creature, it will be a Grand-level soul.

*Definitely* worth learning about enchantment, can boost your stats a huge amount.

e.g Your sword + greater soul gem (greater) + Frost Damage spell might get you 20 points extra frost damage every hit, depends on your skill level as to how effective the enchantment is. One of the first things I did was learn the improve archery spell, then enchanted nearly every bit of my armour :p <3 my bow

+ Frost Damage spell might get you 20 points extra frost damage every hit
31 if you have the enchantment perk that gives you more powerful frost enchantments :) (and with a grand soul gem). And if you have the enchantment perk that gives you two enchantments, you can have either 31 fire or storm damage as well.

*Definitely* worth learning about enchantment, can boost your stats a huge amount.

e.g Your sword + greater soul gem (greater) + Frost Damage spell might get you 20 points extra frost damage every hit, depends on your skill level as to how effective the enchantment is. One of the first things I did was learn the improve archery spell, then enchanted nearly every bit of my armour :p <3 my bow
I suppose but I haven't found anything I can beat without enchantments.

I was playing on whatever the default is until I got bored and had to put it up (instantly headshotting everything).

Back
Top Bottom