Disc skipping on PS2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great now I can't play it anymore! worthless piece of ****.

Lol... right... "worthless" because dust got on the laser and you can easily fix it by taking out about 6 screws from the bottom and pulling the shell apart. Plus...it's been working for probably 10+ years previously. Definitely a worthless piece of equipment. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

why are you being sarcastically rude? I don't feel comfortable taking apart the ps2. Not that I even have the tools to do so; I'm gonna risk doing something I don't know and end up breaking it.
why can't it just be cleaned without taking it apart?

why are you being sarcastically rude? I don't feel comfortable taking apart the ps2. Not that I even have the tools to do so; I'm gonna risk doing something I don't know and end up breaking it.
why can't it just be cleaned without taking it apart?

Trust me, just please don't go down the avenue of calling everyone rude because when that happens, ur just gonna cause a flame war and u aren't getting ur question answered. He wasn't even being rude, those smiley faces means that he is joking.

Btw if ur ps2 is worthless, what's there to lose if u open it up and break it? At least u tried and most likely it will get fixed.

Well it sure did come off as rude.
As I said before, I don't even have the tools to take it apart anyways.

Well it sure did come off as rude.
As I said before, I don't even have the tools to take it apart anyways.

Nobody is trying to be rude to you on these forums, it's here to help people with tech based questions.

U don't have a screwdriver? U can try using the end of a scissor or sharp knife.

there has to be another way. can't i just use like a q-tip to clean it? i don't even know why opening it would be a suggestion, I can see the lens from opening the lid.

Oh lol I think they're talking about ps2 fat

Yeah just rub the lens with a cotton swab and that's it I guess

You can't break it by taking the top off. I fixed an original PS2 when I was 13 with just a screw driver and the disc drive just has 2 or 3 small screws that easily reveal the lens.

And yea, people will be sarcastic if you're not even willing to attempt to help yourself do something so simple then call a device that's been running the past 10-16 years a worthless piece of crap. Especially when you asked, we answered. Googling also shows a simple video step by step.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FCES1I-oNo

Oh lol I think they're talking about ps2 fat

Yeah just rub the lens with a cotton swab and that's it I guess

see! i knew i could just do that! thanks for reading the first post thoroughly (it was a slim)

You can't break it by taking the top off. I fixed an original PS2 when I was 13 with just a screw driver and the disc drive just has 2 or 3 small screws that easily reveal the lens.

did you know that I have a slim model not a fatty one?

And yea, people will be sarcastic if you're not even willing to attempt to help yourself do something so simple then call a device that's been running the past 10-16 years a worthless piece of crap. Especially when you asked, we answered. Googling also shows a simple video step by step.
whatta you mean I'm not willing to attempt to help myself? I am. this is rude too.

why must you get so rude whenever you feel someone did not take your advice directly?
I said that I didn't feel comfortable taking it apart, is there another way, but yet its like you don't get that and just assume I'm skillful as well as you are and can do it no problem, easy peezy. No that's not the case. then you see I: "don't take your advice" you try and put all the blame on me like I'm purposely not taking everyone's advice.

But now you know I have a slim model and I can just use a q-tip to clean the lens.
thank-you zaka100.

see! i knew i could just do that! thanks for reading the first post thoroughly (it was a slim)

Sorry didn't see that it was a slim. If you would have clarified my misunderstanding earlier then it wouldn't have been an issue.

Since it's a slim PS2 then yes, just open the lid, dip your q-tip in some isopropyl alcohol and wipe it a few times. Then let it dry off and it'll be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom