Chroma - The Music Based FPS

XGC Forsakend

Student & Lover of Games
Being developed by Harmonix, whom I believe is the king of rhythm games, and the developer whom made Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Hidden Path Entertainment.

I don't know much about it, but it is a F2P music based FPS. Music will play a key role in everything including the levels/arenas changing shape or what-not.

Here is a Kotaku article:

​The Creators of Rock Band Are Making A Musical First-Person Shooter

Yea me too. I guess I'll wait and see. Wasn't really a fan of the Rockstar/Guitar Hero games and I was a mild fan of Audiosurf for a while but it got boring.

Yea me too. I guess I'll wait and see. Wasn't really a fan of the Rockstar/Guitar Hero games and I was a mild fan of Audiosurf for a while but it got boring.

Huge fan of Rockband here. I started out with Guitar Hero 3, but quickly fell in love with Rockband and its sequels.

It quickly became a party game considering how much DLC I had for it. I even got the Stage Kit that released later on and it greatly increased the experience.

I used to have family come over and I would entertain my cousins and such. I would turn off all the lights and turn on the Stage kit's fog feature, light show and strobe light for awesomeness.

If anyone can pull it off I have faith in Harmonix. RB3 was the pinnacle of music games and once that was out there was nothing left to do with those sorts of games.

This game sounds interesting. Watched the concept trailer and stopped it once the dubstep happened. For a company full of muscians and heavy into all things music..how can they push dubstep in 2014? Worried.

If anyone can pull it off I have faith in Harmonix. RB3 was the pinnacle of music games and once that was out there was nothing left to do with those sorts of games.

This game sounds interesting. Watched the concept trailer and stopped it once the dubstep happened. For a company full of muscians and heavy into all things music..how can they push dubstep in 2014? Worried.

You can actually play the game without hearing any dubstep if you dislike it. Apparently there will be 'Sound Packs' that alter the songs/music?

If me and yuo do battle and I have the dubstep sound pack, you'll hear it somehow if I kill you or...something.

If no one has it, you can play the game without ever hearing it.

You can actually play the game without hearing any dubstep if you dislike it. Apparently there will be 'Sound Packs' that alter the songs/music?

If me and yuo do battle and I have the dubstep sound pack, you'll hear it somehow if I kill you or...something.

If no one has it, you can play the game without ever hearing it.

I was just commenting on their marketing strategy on the initial announcement. I just expect more from Harmonix when it comes to knowing what's up with music today.

That's good though that they're not forcing it on someone. There was some indie game that was overloaded with dubstep..came out recently. Just awful.

I was just commenting on their marketing strategy on the initial announcement. I just expect more from Harmonix when it comes to knowing what's up with music today.

That's good though that they're not forcing it on someone. There was some indie game that was overloaded with dubstep..came out recently. Just awful.

Despite not forcing it, there is bound to be players with that sound pack. I honestly still don't know how this will all work and find it curious. Will definitely play the alpha when it releases on steam.

Regarding marketing, it has been used a lot more for trailers for some reason (BL2 comes to mind). But the trailer could have been done a lot better though. Basically, it wasn't that good.

As much as I have to agree (cause I did the same thing, hit stop at the dub), dubstep is the current thing. So many dubstep remixes and such. I remember the old days when I got excited when I heard some metal music in a game lol.

Back
Top Bottom