Battlefield 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonestock

Solid State Member
Im not sure if this is the right place for this, so if not, can a mod move it? Anways, I recently picked up Battlefield 2. It installs fine and seems to launch fine until I get to the singleplayer/multiplayer selection screen. If I click single player the game will instantly crash. If I choose mulitplayer, I can get to the screen to input player ID and password but then it crashes. I have also installed the newest update. Ive done research about the issue, but nothing I have found seems to work. Ive tried the compatibility setting, running as administrator, and turning off UAC, but nothing seems to work. Can anyone help.

Im able to play Battlefield 2142 with no problems as well....dont know if that means anything or not.

PC specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom 9600
RAM: 4GB's DDR2 800Mhz
GPU: Ati Radeon HD 3870

Thanks to anyone who can help me resolve this issue.

Yeah. I even returned the game because I noticed the 3rd install disc had some scratches on it and thought it might be defective and got another copy. Still the same issue. I know when I first installed it a popup window said it had only been tested on XP. But after browsing the net, I did find that does work on Vista. Just not sure what I have to do to get it working.

Im getting so tired of Vista and all its BS!!

BF2 is stingy with resources. make sure you kill anything non-essential running in th background.

Try setting the affinity to a single core. BF2 is not optimized for multi-cores. I had to do that when I was running XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom