Windows XP POS time keeps changing

cybersspot.com

Baseband Member
I'm doing some work for Subway, I replaced their HD, reinstalled their Subshop software from an image dvd. Their clock is changing time, not date and I can't figure out why. It's doing it when the computer is on. The POS never shuts off
After he called me, I went and replaced the CMOS battery.
The time zone is set to eastern standard time for Michigan.
Their using ESET antivirus and the internet is locked down to subway.com so they can get their updates.

Any ideas quick, Thanks

I've been doing some looking around. can someone send me a link as to how to set up a time server and tell me about time servers?

all windows updates were done as of two weeks ago after I installed their micros pos software and before I installed their eset32 antivirus software and they are set to auto update at 3am every morning.
I was on the phone with Micros (subway) tech support explaining what I did as far as setting up internet time and I keep getting an error about the rpc server. we disabled the firewall completely and still got the same error. Tech support was pointing at the motherboard. how likely is it that this is the issue as far as randomly changing the time but not the date?

open a cmd and do the following
Code:
net stop w32time
net time /setsntp:time-a.nist.gov
net start w32time

Check to make sure isn't a GPO or Local policy affecting what time server to look at.

Back
Top Bottom