Review: APC Back up 540W UPS.

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
American Power Corporation Back up USP System.

I have wanted a UPS System for a good while so this Review might well be possibly biased in that regard. The USP APC 540W Battery operated System is an ideal IMO starting point for people with low level need to power their equipment for small a small duration of time.

The 540W Battery on full load will last no longer than 5 Minutes as I tried this my self after simulation a black \ Brown \ Surge out simply having the UPS fully charged and then disconnecting the Power Mains from the battery.

The UPS in question is bundled with Power Chute Personal Edition and gives readouts of all Vital Information such as power usage, Co2 emissions, and connected means via the Windows dialog box. It all so compares the Co2 emissions as to what the environment is capable of re absorbing. The software is very informative and has Time read outs of estimated battery life duration remaining while on back up power. Simply installing the software which will disable windows automated power management services the Bundled Software Power Chute will simply recognize the UPS in question Via the USB Lead what connects to the UPS it self Via Ethernet.

I currently have the Default Application version installed what came bundled with the UPS but I know its up to a much later version being what I have is 3.0.2.

The Software displays Configuration, Monitor system Help and support for ease of use with interaction.

The actual UPS Device System it self is small and compact and has various LED displays to give read outs of Vital Battery Information such as Full Load and Half Load, climbing in stages of 20% each time, with audible alarms every thirty second while on Battery Power for a Small apartment and or house its easy to be in listening range of the db level of the alarm. You can also turn off the Alarm simply by pressing and holding the touch button at the top of the device.

The UPS supports 4 Battery Backup and 4 Surge protected outlets at the back of the device along with Ethernet for the home \ office Internet connection in order to filter out Electrical noise and over and under voltage. Having a Reset switch also help in case of emergence's.

The device Gives read outs of Time, battery life, Brown outs, Load Capacity, AC or Battery operation mode.

The connections used to power devices that are connected to the device it self are C14 to C13 Power Cord Connections. Simply put a Female and Male Kettle wire.

Two of these also come bundled in the Box and of you want to utilize more then their an option for another 6. At unboxing the Product you will have to install the battery as for safety the battery is upside down and simply by removing the cover and slotting it in and replacing the cover thats all it takes. Mine came pre charged.

I personally find mine a good overall product as I have wanted one for a while and as of now I'm supporting a 32Inch LCD Display and two towers systems on it.

9\10 ..

Back
Top Bottom