Post Your Ride!!

I love the rook of ricers when they get beaten by full size sedans.

I remember an intrepid I drove one time, had a 3.5L V6 HO, 250HP, 235lbs of torque, would always kick there *** as they wouldn't expect crap from a 3500 pound sedan.

And I LOVE that Lincoln.

You must be racing stock civics because 250hp in a 3500lb car isn't impressive. A buddy of mine has an srt8 challenger with a procharger. 650hp at the wheels. Now that's power.

ugh.

I know someone who had a really nice one bakc in the day...was pretty fast too. Well it seemed fast at the time....this sucker can get up and go though. Cant wait to see how much of a performance increase an intake and exhaust system will yield.

You'd be surprised at how little an increase in performance that will net you. Maybe a handful of horses, a little better throttle response and a bit of noise.

A fully revamped intake system, with ported/polished heads/intake manifold and so on, along with a turbo and revamped exhaust can get you some serious gains, but costs some serious cash....

Going fast is expensive. And it's hard to reliably and cheaply make a lot of power NA. That's why forced induction is so popular. 300hp on a D18 in a civic is pretty common with simple turbo kits.

You'd be surprised at how little an increase in performance that will net you. Maybe a handful of horses, a little better throttle response and a bit of noise.

I know this....but stock resticts so much. Not only will performance increase, itll sound better too.

A fully revamped intake system, with ported/polished heads/intake manifold and so on, along with a turbo and revamped exhaust can get you some serious gains, but costs some serious cash....

Yup.

I wouldnt bother messing with turbo and all that for a daily driver. Just have everything up to date and the vehicle clean and im good.

I hav an '82 mustang GT with following mods:

351w bored .030 (10:1 compression)
Ported & polished iron heads with 1.94/1.60 valves
Stealth intake manifold
Holly 750 DP
C-4 tranny with B&M pro shifter
Hayden tranny cooler
4:10 gears
Holley Blue fuel pump
Sumped fuel tank with -8AN fuel line

Runs 12.56@111mph

You must be racing stock civics because 250hp in a 3500lb car isn't impressive. A buddy of mine has an srt8 challenger with a procharger. 650hp at the wheels. Now that's power.

Some reason I missed that reply, and yes, they was all stock, and 250HP out of a 3500lb car may not be impressive anymore, but back in the early 90's, when these engines first sprouted wings, they had a decent hp/weight ratio compared to others, and it's a family car, not a "sports" car such as the SRT8 Challenger, those things aren't meant for family outings. :p

I never said it was fast, though, they aren't slow either. BTW, the LHS line is actually ~15.5 depending on if the car had auto-stick or not.

Back
Top Bottom