Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
I have one of these:

clown+bike.jpg

I want to put a motor on it.

Suggestions? :)

Do you guys think any sort of weed wacker motor would do? Or would they be too big for mounting on it?

I'm open to *all* ideas. I got this thing for 15 dollars so it won't phase me to drill a few holes if need be. :p

It would then be off balance, it appears to only have one rear wheel, having something heavy enough on one side will throw balance off, there needs to be a way to keep the balance as center as possible.

That is kinda the reason I suggested a high torque, high speed 12v motor and a 12 battery pack, or a bank of batteries he can haul behind him in a wagon :3

Lawnmower engine. They have like 3hp. That bike probably weighs 5kg. 1000kg = 1 tonne.
1000 / 5 = 200.

200 x 3 = 600

600hp per tonne ;)

If he could optain some really high cranking amp batteries, I am talking 2k+ that are relatively small, he can got for awhile with out them dieing.

I know its a bit different, but my 1k cranking amp battery can power an amp that pulls 70 amps of current @ 12v for about an hour, so I think he could easily do it if he gets his gear ratios right, and the right DC motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom