Looking to Backup My Movies

Overtim3

Beta member
So far I have been having hard time deciding how to backup my DvD collection. What i would like to do is save all my movies to an external drive in case they ever get scratched. Has anyone had experience with this?

I like to use DVDFab. Can rip to a variety of formats, and make an entire backup of the disc with menus intact, or can do just the movie if you want. Gives different compression / audio options as well.

Personally I use AnyDVD Image Ripper. It makes a 1:1 image of the DVD, which you can the burn to a DVD and you have your identical backup copy.

You can do that with DVDFab as well. Or you can take out parts of it (like the unskippable portions such as previews / warning screens), and keep a full ISO intact.

Is DVDFab free? I remember using it a while ago to do that with a couple Blu-Rays til I realised all BD-R movies have every scene as a separate file and I cba to stick them together.

Has for me.

Like I said, you can either make an exact duplicate or compress it to a different format, each with different options for compression.

Back
Top Bottom