Linux Server

Bojmaliev

Beta member
Hello, im new here and i have one question for you all. I hope you will help me. I have one computer
AMD 1.8GHZ
756 DDR1
and i want to host website with him. I want to install linux server but evry try is unsuccessful. I try CentOS(I have installed 4.4 but people on irc chat told me that it cant be with that because its old version. I have problems during installation 5.9 Server version. 6.x version cant be because because it require 1gb ram). I also try ubuntu server 12.04 but there always have error because it cant install GRUB.
I dont know what to do..
Thanks for reading my problem. I hope you will help me

I run Linux Mint with a runlevel of 3 (No GUI clogging up the system)
Might want to check that out. It's a Debian based desktop OS, so it isn't very server-centric, but you can install most programs yourself.

When you said you need try to install install CentOS 6.X because you need 1 Gb of RAM. Are you installing the GUI version or the non-GUI version.

Also, no to sounds mean, but to point a fact is that, you may not be able to run a website server, because the ISP, they mostly block the default port for webhosting which is 80. But you can always change that.

I was able to run CentOS 6.X with 1Gb of ram, of course it's non-GUI. It's a pain at start, but in months time, you will get used to it.

I'll check out this thread often to see if you need any help.

Back
Top Bottom