Your PC Speakers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hehe imma check my hardware store today. yea... i built the sub myself... it wasnt easy haha first time. first box, and only second time handling a rotozip. this was a quick throw together project. i didnt use any formula's, or any base for building this thing. i didnt really know how it was gonna sound. It does sound great! but im not satisfied with it. the internal volume is too large im guessing and therefore, the passive radiators dont move very much. only during very low hits does it really move. other than that, the active driver is making all the noise. + i used cheap "Solid wood" it has very had resonance. u can hear the echos if u put ur head close to one of the walls. im actually gonna be taking this sub apart this saturday. oh, almost forgot, im powering it with the famous Dayton 70 watt plate amp. yea... about only have the power but i dont go near 30% gain at all. with play control settings to 60% and WMP at 90%, the second marking is loud enough. my next project will be based on the Sunfire True Super Junior. too big a box now, im gonna try to head tiny. hopefully the next 1 will be better. btw the 8 inch Tang Band is on special pricing for 46$$$ last time i stopped by! Catch that!
2 more pics of the sub... during construction
0713062132.jpg
[/IMG]
0713062130.jpg
[/IMG]
Thanks for asking!~

I hope this isn't limited to speakers! I listen on the AKG K1000 headphones:
http://www.headphone.com/products/headphones/all-headphones/akg-k-1000.php

I use a Monarchy SM-70 Pro power amp:
ed_1.JPG

View the website here:
http://www.monarchyaudio.com/
The link to the SM-70 Pro is in the upper left.

Currently I am using a WooAudio 3 as a preamp:
http://www.wooaudio.com/products/wooaudio3.html

However it will soon be replaced by a custom SinglePower passive preamp with a stepped attenuator. It has the following specs, since they are not listed the website:

Attenuator Impedance: 25K Ohm, series 24 position, gold contact
Channel Matching: less than .01% channel to channel
Distortion: none, so low that it is unmeasurable, 0%
Silver Solder used in all areas
Pure copper conductors
Large Silver contact selector switch

And finally, I will be using a Storm Digital D02A DAC, which I will receive in a month or two. There is not much information about it online, so I have no links for it. On request I will type out the information myself.

WOW, they still make amps properly. :) I would love to own a decent amp like those WooAudio's. :( One day maybe. Looks on the SinglePower tab. :( depressed that I will never have something like that.

What sound card are you using 003? :)

I am using an ESI Juli@ (link in my sig), but once I get the DAC the soundcard will only be used as a digital transport.

atomicaudio you should build a box just for the tangband without the radiators and port it that would make it loud. im not too familiar with radiators tho and is it 70 watts at 4ohm? cause if it is youre underpowering it the rating says 120watts rms and it usually does more

agh i dont like ports... especially when tuning it is critical, using passive radiators is so much easier and more attractive IMO. I just hate Port Noise. i can tell the differences between a design that uses ports or passive radiators and i just hate them, the way they sound is so different to me.
-Yes 70 at 4ohms but as i mentioned i dont turn it up very loud, so i probably dont even use anything near 70 watts of power.

12575.jpg

Logitech z-5300e 5.1 Surround ^^^

...and a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS card

I think the sub I got in this package rocks (I've ****ed off the ppl downstairs several times).

Speakers are over-rated.

zm_rs6f_f_p.jpg

Plus i'm a gamer and you get to much noise from the outside world when using speakers to hear with precision.

speakers arent over rated i mean im a bass junkie and headphones def can not produce the bass speakers can but if youre talking about clearity and stuff like that then yeah they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom