Your PC Speakers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i used to make speakers from tall cardboard boxes and old tv speakers picked up from junk then i moved on to old all weather speakers( lil tiny ones in metal casing with 4' speaker) managed to make a decent ported sub out of 2 of those and orange prescription pill containers as ports:) lol it was so ghetto.
then had a chance to buy yamaha YSTMS50
loved those speakers would buy them in a heartbeat if i could find them somwhere. again
ystms50.jpg

and got dissappionted with cheapness of klipsch(whatever the spelling is)
good components poor design and cheap generic plastic tweeters.

bought Logitech Z-2300 love the highs on those speakers
had a chance to see some asian kid abuse those at a party lol glad they werent my speakers but held up pretty good although im very amazed by the inability of people to hear distortion of sound even at high levels

ERIC
whats ur opinion on those things( the cone in the center of the speaker) i always forget the name of it
satellitecone600.jpg

I use to do that exact same thing when I was a kid. my dad had a trucking business and he sometime hauled away stuff for people. in the 70's everybody was getting rid of those all in one stereo consoles to get separates so I would have a field day. I use to get crossovers, horn's, 15's etc.

what the name of those speakers. they look kinda like focals. focals make some of the best speaker out there

I would stray away from metal cones or tweeters as they fatigue the ears after hours of listening. Right now I use Event ASP8's. But I'm grabbing the z-5500 for normal use.

Those are 2 RCA 15 watt speakers I had laying around. Cut off a plug from old headphones and stuck the wires into the back of these speakers, then plugged them into the amplified audio out on my computer. Good for gaming, but don't have much bass. The real problem is that the amp in the PC isn't filtered and you can hear the weird static noises from pretty much anything.

Laptop speakers! They're OK (better than some other laptops anyways) but not that good.

I need to get a nice sound system...eventually. We have an old Fisher Studio Standard stereo system that I used to have video game consoles hooked to, and we have a Sony surround sound system, but my PC is in my room with these little speakers :(

Those are 2 RCA 15 watt speakers I had laying around. Cut off a plug from old headphones and stuck the wires into the back of these speakers, then plugged them into the amplified audio out on my computer. Good for gaming, but don't have much bass. The real problem is that the amp in the PC isn't filtered and you can hear the weird static noises from pretty much anything.

Laptop speakers! They're OK (better than some other laptops anyways) but not that good.

I need to get a nice sound system...eventually. We have an old Fisher Studio Standard stereo system that I used to have video game consoles hooked to, and we have a Sony surround sound system, but my PC is in my room with these little speakers :(

Man, your stuff is seriously outdated. I heard the speakers on a thinkpad before and they were horrible, my headphones could go louder. I dont see how you can have those speakers connected and get any sound from them.

HP computers have a little onboard amplifier circuit (just a little 1" or so square board with a chip and some capacitors, takes a 12V power input, and connects to the front panel audio header on the motherboard. It basically does the same thing as a small external amp, but with the volume constantly at 100%, meaning that any interference on the motherboard will make noise, such as the graphics card rendering a video texture in a game or the CD drives spinning up.

Mi camera is down ATM but the Speaker setup im using is a Logitech X-240 ( not exactly the best speakers but you get what you pay for with them )

Here's my Logitech X-530 5.1 surround speakers. I've had these for a while now and they are the best speakers I've ever owned. These ones are currently hooked up to my 57" Hitachi. Granted they need to be set up a lot better, but I'm in the middle of building a new system (that's my new Ultra m998 case in the bottom left).

Not to diss your setup Desktop, but you might wanna move that sub away from your CPU. Low frequencies are non-directional, so no matter where you put it, it will sound the same... possibly better. I would suggest you put it behind your desk parallel to the wall, or if possible, in the corner of the room (best option). Reason: Magnetism will take out your PC in no time and being in the corner will disperse the waves better.

Another tip: put your center channel speaker behind or below your monitor. I see that it kinda dips down... put it in there maybe. You could leave the front L/R as they are, and aim the Rear Right firing towards the wall to your right and the Left Right firing towards the wall to your left. This won't be completely accurate, but those waves will bounce off the opposing walls and come back to your ears as "surround".

Not to diss your setup Desktop, but you might wanna move that sub away from your CPU. Low frequencies are non-directional, so no matter where you put it, it will sound the same... possibly better. I would suggest you put it behind your desk parallel to the wall, or if possible, in the corner of the room (best option). Reason: Magnetism will take out your PC in no time and being in the corner will disperse the waves better.

Another tip: put your center channel speaker behind or below your monitor. I see that it kinda dips down... put it in there maybe. You could leave the front L/R as they are, and aim the Rear Right firing towards the wall to your right and the Left Right firing towards the wall to your left. This won't be completely accurate, but those waves will bounce off the opposing walls and come back to your ears as "surround".

That is exactley how my Z5500's are setup. Sounds great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom