Windows media player cannot access... (problem with a bunch of my files, please help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shayetet13

Baseband Member
Hi all,
I have mpegs and avi files that refuse to play anymore in windows media player 10. All I ever did was transfer them from one folder to another on the same pc, and now this is the message I get when I open them...
"Windows media player cannot access this file. The file might be in use, you might not have access to the computer where the file is stored, or your proxy settings might not be correct"
And now i cannot do any of the following - delete, move, cut/copy/paste the file. They are just sitting there taking up unneccessary space. And trying to play it in a different program or wont work either i also tried transfering to another computer via ftp and didnt havea access and also managed to burn it but didnt work on my other computer either.
Please help me out here, I need to get these files to work again!
Thanks in advance

could be an ownership issue right click the folder their on and click properties and goto security also check the security tab for each file

i put a tick next to i want to share this folder on the network and its fixed...what a relief.

thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom