why get a soundcard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

braz

Daemon Poster
does a soundcard really make that much of a difference? What does it do? I have built in audio on my motherboard.

You will get better overall Sound quality and can hook up 7.1 speakers depending which Sound card you get.. try and get one at 5.1 or 7.1 if you are getting one.. Some onboard sound on games which is what i used to get was Crackily sound when i was Shooting etc on UT2004 i upgraded my sound card and the crackling went

it does make a difference

Yes it does, I bought a sound card off NosBoost and it made a humongus difference... jesus it sounds so much better now

Honestly though, after the first 2 months, its not that noticeable anymore, but tinny sound really does annoy me now

Play a game that supports a good sound card and you'll really hear the difference

Just to add another question: I have onboard 5.1 but only movies and some games will play in all speakers. Is that because not all applications support 5.1 or is it because I need a soundcard?

Both of my motherboards have 7.1 sound built in, and sound perfectly fine. Anyone who claims they can hear a difference is still holding on to the days of motherboards having absolutly horrible built in sound.

Just to add another question: I have onboard 5.1 but only movies and some games will play in all speakers. Is that because not all applications support 5.1 or is it because I need a soundcard?

correct to assume...just like an old movie that is only in stereo...will only be left/right audio. Of course, the computer schemes allow you to fake it. So you don't need an addon card. Creative does a good job of convincing many they need it ;)

Both of my motherboards have 7.1 sound built in, and sound perfectly fine. Anyone who claims they can hear a difference is still holding on to the days of motherboards having absolutly horrible built in sound.

The average joe cant, but us audio guys can, my sound interface is the most expensive part of my whole system lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom