Votes: 1 3.6%
  • WMA

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Ogg Vorbis

• Other

• Total voters
good ol mp3 does the trick. most universal format and less muss with devices. 192+ bitrate is best. but depends on the song. orchestral peices and acoustics are required for 320 and some electronica is ok at 160-192 but prefer 256 VBR.

I mostly use VBR and it's the best tradeoff. I use media jukebox for my music player on my compie and it's nice.

good ol mp3 does the trick. most universal format and less muss with devices. 192+ bitrate is best. but depends on the song. orchestral peices and acoustics are required for 320 and some electronica is ok at 160-192 but prefer 256 VBR.

I mostly use VBR and it's the best tradeoff. I use media jukebox for my music player on my compie and it's nice.

Noo take it back. 256+ if anything. Ideally steer well clear, it's godawful on any slightly revealing system.

I have a total bias towards OGG and FLAC formats since I'm a ***** for the open-source. I really like having music in FLAC format, although my ears don't really care while my hard drive does.

I voted MP3, because I use that for my iPod Touch 32GB, it seems to be the best quality (I've tried AAC but it's not as good quality despite being the same bit rate). I store the music on my external 500GB drive using FLAC

I voted MP3, because I use that for my iPod Touch 32GB, it seems to be the best quality (I've tried AAC but it's not as good quality despite being the same bit rate). I store the music on my external 500GB drive using FLAC

It's a shame that you cant use FLAC/OGG on the iPod.

It depends on for what purpose.

• I use MP3s in my MP3 Player.
  • FLAC is great for lossless compression though not popular with the end-use Devices.
  • AAC is great for muxing with XviD for watching Videos on the Cell Phone using CorePlayer.
  • WMA is fine if I download the Video with that audio format already.
  • Ogg Vorbis is also great but not popular enough with the end use device.
  • Other than that WAV is great for editing and Mixing my own RingTones (which then are LAMEd to MP3).
It really depends on which Format I receive the Audio in, what I may do with it when I get it, and how I intend to use it.

I chose MP3 because it was most compatible with each of the electronic devices I use to listen:

MP3 Player
Windows Media Player
Car radio with USB port
Apple Ipod
Apple Ipad
Android Tablet

Although MP3 is not the best of quality, it gets the job done for me in every device.

Alice

PS not sure what this FLAC is...sounds like that supplemental insurance with the ducks....AF Flac!

Back
Top Bottom