what to look for when buying headphones...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gimli of gloin

In Runtime
hey TF,
i dont know anything bout headphones..
i need a pair that are loud for about $30US..i dont need a link..just what do i have to look out for when im shopping for them...like watts or amps or watever....

Thanx for all help on this lame questions

Frequency response!!!! Wattage isn't a major factor here. Frequency response is. You want a good comfortable pair that has the full spectrum of 20hz-20,000hz (or 20khz). If not that, then at least 50hz as the low end minimum.

For headphones, i stick with sony, audio-technica and sennheiser. I have both of these... the m-40fs is AWESOME. I love that pair of headphones. The m30's are good, but not as comfortable, and not as clear.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/244501/
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/270553/

I have both sets and when i bought them (at different times) they were $100 each.

EDIT: You also want a pair that is going to last. Make sure the connector is made of metal. That way it can be repaired by even a soldering novice instead of buying a whole new pair.

uhh i dont think they tell u the watts for headphones and they dont need amps because theyre small and meant for ears at close range cause if you had speakers blown into ur ear ud be deaf or cause permenant damage in a couple of min. id mainly look at the comfort of wearing them. make sure they cant slip off if your getting in ear headphones. i like sony clip on headphones for on the go headphones like not studio because they stay on and have more bass than those ear bud ones. i bought an apple in ear headphone for 50 bucks and those things were like tweeters so try out headphones and make sure it fits what your looking for in sound.

Good headphones will tell you the maximum power input. My headphones are 3.5 watt max RMS power input :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom