Westinghouse LVM-42w2 crop mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The General

Banned
I have a Pioneer CLD-D503 Laser Disc player, and I have a bunch of wide-screen laser discs, where the signal is actually 4:3 with black bars. I am trying to play them on my Westy LVM-42w2 but I can only set it to Fill mode which keeps the black bars and stretches the whole picture, or on regular mode where I get black bars on the top AND bottom. Is there a way I can have it scale the signal to the width of the TV, and crop the top and bottom off?

This is horrible!

Standard mode:
img1464jw9.jpg

Fill mode:
img1465bo8.jpg

I just called Westinghouse and the TV doesn't have a zoom/scale option. This is BS!

Is there a box or something that will do this for me?? This is intolerable!

Thanks in advance.

I guess you could run it through your computer and adjust the height from there, but probably the movie will look very crappy. I don't even konw if you can do that.

You can always buy the DVD version of the movies :)

ncjimn said:
I guess you could run it through your computer and adjust the height from there, but probably the movie will look very crappy. I don't even konw if you can do that.

You can always buy the DVD version of the movies :)

Running it through the computer is more trouble than it's worth. I have the DVD versions of the movies, but they have added crap that ruins the movies. George Lucas added a bunch of stupid crap in the 90s that shouldnt be there.

Westinghouse just sent me an email back saying that there is a device called a video scaler that will do the trick, can somebody help me find one? Seriously, I'm willing to spend $250 to get this to work right. Is there a box or something with multiple composite inputs and a DVI output so I can plug a bunch of analog componants into the DVI port? I hate only having one yellow input. :(

The player is from 1991, it has no settings of any kind, all it does is output 4:3 NTSC.

What do I have to buy to make this work?

That makes no sense.

Composite signal @ 4:3 -----> <???> -----> Composite signal cropped to 16:9 -----> TV

There HAS to be some kind of box that will do this. I can do it with my MythTV box, but thats not plugged into this TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom