Weird Audio Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uninstall everything involving under sound devices/joysticks.

Restart the computer and let windows re-install everything

When I unistalled all of them, and let Windows reinstall them, but it still doesn't work. There is no sound tab in the tool bar, and I still can't access the Volume Control. I can hear fuzzy stuff in my speakers, but they don't make any other noises.

Well then... youve got yourself a predicament.

Sounds like something onboard is messed up. The only thing I can tell you to do now is look for a replacement card. Your system could probably use it anyway.

I really can't think of a solution for you... which is amazing cause i have answered questions like this many times.

I kinda figured it was going to be an onboard problem. But, I was looking at some settings on things, and it said that they worked, but they were inactive due to an unknown reason..

Audio for Crystal WDM Audio Codec
Audio for Unimodem Half Duplex Wave Devie (x2)
MIDI for Crystal WDM Audio Codec
Mixer for Crystal WDM Audio Codec
Line Input for Crystal WDM Audio Codec

Those are "inactive due to an unknown problem"

thats very strange. sounds kinda like a driver issue, but i assume you updated your drivers (if there were any).

Without being able to physically look at your comp, i can't really do much.

Does winME have the remote assistance feature? If it does, would you be willing to let me "take a peek"?

I really can't tell what the problem is. Sounds like either a driver conflict, or the onboard settings/hardware is screwed up.

look in the start menu - i dont think ME has it though.

I suggest you look for a new card. Onboard sucks anyway. Sound cards are rather cheap too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom