web cam

Status
Not open for further replies.

beattie88

Beta member
well i have been thinking of adding a web cam to my car so when im driving to record cars behind me, so does anyone know of any web cams that are high res cheap and still give of a good picture when moving/bumped. and can be made to automaticaly record when pc is started up
Cheers

Hello,

First what do you plan on achieving with this? I mean you would either need to build a PC into the Car to record the data or have your camera be Wifi to transmit to a PC at all times.

Cheers,
Mak

Also what do you want to do with the recorded images. Do you want stills or moving video?
Time / Date logging. FTP support. Streaming support ?

Cheers,

~ Tkey

My friend did this, I can ask what software he used. He said he captured video only when the camera sees motion. He also just used an eyetoy, but the quality wasn't high... I would just look around at newegg for a webcam of your choice or have other people on this forums help you, because I am looking for a cheap webcam too.

Cool, let us know what software you get ;)
Cheers,

~ Tkey

I haven't talked to him yet but he used is laptop and his eyetoy camera. He also took the infrared filter out to see at night... It was pretty cool.... I will get the software....

That's a sweet app. Ideal for security ;)

Cheers,

~ Tkey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom