Vidio Compression

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeCk_N

Baseband Member
Video Compression

Hi,

I would be great if somebody could help me out with a particular problem that I have. I have an MPEG file which is roughly 1050MB in Size. The problem is that it is split up into 2 video clips that are roughly 525MB.

I was wondering if it were possible to join both of the clips together and compress them so that the total file would be able to fit onto 700mb cd. I would be grateful if somebody could advise me on how to do this (if it can be done). It would also be great if the programs that I would need to do this job were free-ware programs.

Thanks

Problem solved kind off

I have manged to join the MPEG files together, What is the best way to convert this file into a Divx format so that I can fit the file on to a 700mb cd. I believe that converting the MPEG to a DIvx format will increase the quality of the video file. I think. Any ideas.

Thank you

No, converting one compressible video format to another always makes a lower quality output....plus, if its an mpeg, I guess the resolution is a pretty poor 240 X 352 to start with..........the higher the original resolution/bitrate of the original the better any conversion will be (coz there is more info to 'work' with).

To convert a mpeg (or mpeg2...DVD/SVCD) convert first with DVD2AVI (and demux the audio) to make a dummy file...
.... then open the dummy and convert with Virtual Dub to create an avi (after selecting your mpeg4 codec and its settings/filters/cropping etc.........hohoho your in for fun)....
.... then convert your audio to mp3 then mux with NanDub (hohohohoho your in for more fun).

Try an all-in-one solution like DVD2SVCD, GKAuto or DVDx2.2 (why not get them all).

PS. I suggest using an XVID codec for the video

XVID ?

Thanks 4 the reply. It all sonds very confussing. How would I go about converting the MPEG to a XVID codec.

Any step by step methods would be great. Thank you

PS. Including what programs that I would need to use.

:=)

Oh... to be a virgin (in the video conversion field that is.....what a simple world, the world USED to be............bet you thought 2 clicks and 2 minutes later you would have the job done eh??

Try searching here under GUIDES and TOOLS::

www.videohelp.com
http://www.videohelp.com/tools?listall=1

You now have all the info required...all it takes now is the INPUT on YOUR part....there aint ANY shortcuts..even suites/all in ones require the user to have some basic knowledge.

PS. Thats why DVD copying has taken off so big...the average pc Joes brain cant handle the format conversions (they think everything pc is like a game...click here...click there.......2 mins work.....................next level............).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom