VHS to DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobby Man

Beta member
Hi, im quite new to all this computer thing but have a reasonable understanding of most things as have been doing alot of reading up on things. My question that I have got is I want to put my old VHS tapes on to DVD what do I need in the way of video/graphic/capture card (are they all the same thing) my VCR has only got an normal TV output so does my card need an TV ouput. I have all the normal windows software and Nero installed on my PC are they up to the job,my pc is fairly low power but speed is not so much of an issue to me and im only running DDR ram if that makes any difference. Any advice and hints greatfully recieved.

Are these home movies or commercial movies? Commercial movies aren't likely to transfer due to copyright protections. If they're home movies, how many are you looking to transfer? And how comfortable are you with trying to convert them yourself? It's a bit more involved than simply buying and installing a TV tuner. You may want to look into paying a per-cassette fee to have it converted for you.

it's a simple process. if you want to convert commercial movie get a toshiba vcr (no macrovision implemented) or a macrovision eliminator box.

then you can use the tuner software to record them. the use an dvd program to convert them to dvd. I use to do this for people all of the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom