Update got rid of sound!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sssshaun

Baseband Member
did a windows update.... and now my sound isnt workin =[

"no audio device is installed"

any ideas?

Vista? If so...yes. One of the vista home premium updates killed my onboard sound too. What motherboard do you have. You'll probably need to download the new driver from the manufacturer website.

yeh i tried that and it didnt seem to work... it now detects something but no sound stil???

take a look in the back of your computer, is there a grouping of what looks to be colored headphone jacks by where you're ethernet is? or is it farther down by where your graphics card is?

I actually had to reinstall the sound "program" not just the drivers. These new boards auto detect when stuff is plugged in. I'll look it up when i get home and post the link.

I HATE that problem so much it drives me crazy. Eventually after fidling with everything multiple times it seems to work. You must uninstalll ANY previous drivers, especially third party ones like creative. Then reinstall them - works for me.

and yeah, so you have onboard, so its not a case where you can just pop out the card and pop it back in. you're gonna have to wipe the sound drivers and try and locate the device, then reinstall the drivers again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom