turning my pc's audio from stereo to mono?

Status
Not open for further replies.

razman121

Baseband Member
what i want to do is tirn my pc's audo so that it plays all my audio in mono instead of stereo. i wonder if tis is possible through software or options within the computer. if it is a hardware matter then i wont be changing it, but it would be helpfull to now if i am able to do it through the computers settings or a program. please could you help?

thanks in advance for any help given

I guess it would depend on the audio card that you have. Maybe if your sound card comes with extra software you might find an option to "force mono" or something similar.

Or depending on what player you use to play your music, you might be able to accomplish this on the settings. I think WMP, winamp, maybe itunes and others can play stereo tracks in mono.

well, what i did was break the front audio socket on my pc but the pc/soundcard belived this was still in use, so i managed to bodge it with a front audio socket from an old pc, but i had to fit the pins in funny as the new socket had more pins than the plug to the sound card and now in the rear audio i get only sound from the right hand speaker and none from the left, allthough testing it, the left one does work. and if i remove the front audio device the computer belives there are headphones in again and dosent play sound through the rear :S am i able to get a pci soundcard to overrun the on board soundcard? and if so i only need a cheap one :D

Yes, PCI soundards will disable the onboard once drivers are installed. You can disable onboard in the BIOS I think. On control panel just select PCI sound card as the primary.

Cheap soundcards go for <$5 on ebay.

ahh well i may just take that idea into consideration
will my pci port be different to any other pci ports or does "pci" mean one type of socket?
if so i will need to get the details of my pc's pci port wont i?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom