Tape to dvd question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

Daemon Poster
I have an older vhs tape of a movie that I can't find has been made into dvd. I need it in dvd format. I try to capture but it does it's thing of being bright and dim etc. What do I need to do?

I believe that may be more of a matter of the tape format. I think there are programs that you can get to filter the signal through, but the only thing I know that you can do is too try and filter the dvd file. Kind of like vinyl restoration programs for music.

I have a canopus capture device. I capture vhs all the time. It's just that this is copyprotected. Will the canopus device not work like a tv tuner?

ingeborgdot said:
I have a canopus capture device. I capture vhs all the time. It's just that this is copyprotected. Will the canopus device not work like a tv tuner?

canopus is way better. get a toshiba vcr. it has no macrovision implemented

I have a mitsubishi vcr, a jvc vcr and an older panasonic one. Thats all as of now. I really don't plan on buying another vcr. I acutally plan on getting rid of the old panasonic. It works great but I never really use it.

I would if I could. I live in a town of about 4000 people and we have no pawn shops. Sounds like a good idea though. Thanks.

they use to have macrovision eliminator boxes 10-11 years ago. you might find one floaing around. jvc is the worst vcr to try to get around macrovision.

Toshiba never put macrovision in the vcrs or dvd players as that added to the cost and they want to keep that down. their dvd players are region free too (you don't need to hack them). I got a 6 head toshiba (it has better video than super vhs) vcr, that I keep around just to record old tapes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom