Soundcard or Headset???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syphanx

Daemon Poster
Hey,
For most of my gaming use I use a Platronics Gamecom 1 headset, fairly good quality headset. Now I am thinking of upgrading to the Xtreme Music Soundblaster card, I currently have a 16bit soundblaster card, it's a fairly old one and is not LIVE. It does the average job.
Now my question is, Will I notice a difference in quality from my headset if I change the soundcard? Or will it entirely depend on the original performance of the headset? Or a bit of both?

Thanks.

so will the sound quality increase be noticable through the headset if i just stay with the one ive got?

I say get a sound card, and some decent headphones. Or instead of headphones get a awsome 5.1 system LOL :D

Personally headphones annoy me. The sound is always just .... suphicated or something.

Well I've got a decent sound system 5.1 with amp and a decent television LG 40" Plasma, so I don't really see the point in getting a 5.1 system, just for my computer which is like on my desk... so that's why I use a headset. Nah Im really impressed with the quality from these headphones, it's really good... What are some other good headphones that you would suggest and their price (in AUD lol).

I suggest you get a new sound card. I just upgraded my onboard audio to a Sound Blaster live, and everything sounds WAY better, including with headphones.

Yeah but that's going from an on board one to a actual pci one, i think the difference in that is going to be way more different than going from an already pci board to another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom