Sound Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

laxatives

Beta member
Holding down a key makes my sound go crazy, if I'm listening to music the sound starts getting choppy and plays like 1/5 normal speed until I release the button. I noticed if I press down another key (hwile holding down another button) and release the second key I can hold the first key down without problems. Just got a new sound card and that didnt help.

Another problem is with my keyboard. If I happen to be using the keyboard, then sometimes it will stop responding with the computer. Everything else works fine, I can use the onscreen keyboard, but the numlock, capslock and scroll lock buttons dont turn on or off, and nothing else responds. If i pressed the num lock on the on screen keyboard the light still doesnt turn off. I have to restart my entire comp to get the thing responding again. Is it because I dont have the right drivers for my keyboard? BTW: This is an old foreign keyboard with some asian letters on it that doubles as an english and korean keyboard. ANy ideas or solutions?

might be a IRQ conflict or maybe a driver conflict. try uninstalling your keyboard and reinstalling and letting the PC assign IRQs. then try removing the sound card and reinstalling. as a last resort, buy a new keyb oard (you can find some for $10)

Well I got a cheap keyboard, but it solved nothing and it didnt come with drivers or a cd. I checked www.jascoproducts.com but they dont seem to have drivers for this model HO97798.... BTW this keyboard and the old one were both PS/2

there is a driver loaded in the system, although no driver is really needed. if you right click my computer, select manage. Expand Device manager. Select Keyboards. Uninstall all of the devises listed there. Then reboot your computer. That should refresh the drivers.

It works for almost everykey except for:
arrow keys, 6 keys above the arrow keys, shift, alt and ctrl on the right, but not the ones on the left, /, pause, and print screen.

You might have a bad PS2 interface on the Mobo. I have had this problem before. One thing to check for is a short on any of the contacts from the back side of the plug. This could also cause you issues..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom