sound cutting out

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsjustmewarren

Beta member
well a few weeks back my sound started cutting out every now and then while playing swat 4, i figured it was heating problems so i would shut down the game and play later. this problem cleared up on its own, im really not sure how but it did, now its back again but happens more and more often and after the sound cuts out when i close the game im playing i cant play anything in winamp or anywhere else, i just get no sound until i restart.

im running a p4 3.0 with an msi motherboard with onboard sound, i decided not to get a sound card because i live in an appartment and i cant really have it that loud or anything anyways.

any advice would be greatly appreciated

dont use onboard. Soundcards dont make things louder. They make things sound better, but that doesn't mean you have to have the volume up loud. It also helps your system performance.

As for your problem now, update your drivers. Also check Direct X version. It should be 9.0c. Does this happen with other games/apps? I know that when I played SWAT I had a similar problem (years ago), so i'm not sure that its your computer. I dont remember who makes the game, but goto the website and try and find some support for it and see if there are any known sound issues.

Try all of that... if not, spend 20-30 bucks on a soundcard. Its worth it.

Crysalis said:
dont use onboard. Soundcards dont make things louder. They make things sound better, but that doesn't mean you have to have the volume up loud. It also helps your system performance.

As for your problem now, update your drivers. Also check Direct X version. It should be 9.0c. Does this happen with other games/apps? I know that when I played SWAT 4 I had a similar problem (years ago), so i'm not sure that its your computer. I dont remember who makes the game, but goto the website and try and find some support for it and see if there are any known sound issues.

Try all of that... if not, spend 20-30 bucks on a soundcard. Its worth it.

Swat 4 came out like 2 months ago, how did you play it years ago.

Also the reason your sound cuts out is because your onboard cannot handle/process so many sounds threads coming out. Dedicated sound cards can handle alot more sound threads than onboard sound systems.

Crysalis said:
Sorry typo there... i meant just SWAT. LOL sorry!

I liked that game Swat. I game that came out like 65 or 96 that was like a movie. But the only thing that sucked about it was that the game was very linear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom