sound card to speaker converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloud

In Runtime
Ok, i have my computer and my xbox360 hooked up to the same monitor and i switch back and forth with the source button on my monitor, however i have the problem that my computer has a sound card with the 3.5m jacks that i have hooked up to a computer surround sound and my xbox 360 just has the red and white cables that i have hooked up to a different surround sound.. thus i have 10 speakers on my computer desk.. which sucks.. i need to know if there is cable that will convert the sound card jacks to the red and white audio cables so i can hook them up to the same speakers and eliminate the clutter.

i was looking at that but my sound card has 3 3.5mm sound jacks running to my current pc surround sound instead of 1, would it be able to push the surround sound through just one of them?

nope it would only take 2 channels. You could just run the 2 front but what is the fun in that. I guess you could run 3 cables for 5.1. Would be cheap but I do not know how that will effect your sound quality. Do you have a sound card or do you use onboard? Does you tuner have optical in and your sound have optical out spdif I believe? Might be a better question in the audio section for those guys no far more than i do.

I have a soundcard, and yeah no fun for just running the front speakers, if i cant do that is there any way to run my 360 through my pc and have it play through my pc speakers? i'm sure i can do it with a tv tuner card but i dont think any of them will recieve HD am i right?

Maybe a KVM switch would do the trick for you? If you got a decent enough one you could route your video and audio through there. Press 1 button and it'd switch it from input A (computer) to input B (xbox).

I don't have any experience with it, but give it a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom