sound card issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nagasama

disgruntled ex-moderator
sound card dilema...

hi everyone.
i have recently installed a soundblaster audigy se card.
i disabled the onboard audio in my bios. i downloaded and installed the latest drivers from creative.
at startup everything works fine. but it seems that after awhile of being idle, i come back to the computer and move the mouse, etc to do something else, and the soundcard is no longer recognized. ie, no sound for games, launchcast, etc. but, my windows system sounds are still present.
when i go into the control panel and click on the speakers icon, it says i have no audio device. however, when i go into the device manager, it says that the soundblaster audigy card is working properly. but i have no sound. i have to restart, then everything works fine again...

i have removed the downloaded drivers and installed the drivers from the cd that came with the card as of yesterday. it hasn't been idle too long since then...so i don't know yet if that was the problem, but i do not think it is...?
can anyone offer some input/advice?
thanks in advance!

p.s. moderators, i posted this in hardware troubleshooting also before i saw this section, if you need to remove it.

try switching the PCI slot to different spot. mb the IRQS conflict. or maybe the driver issue. remove any other sound driver it was installed on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom