Rebuilding speakers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
I was going to sell my Behringer Truth B2030A monitors because they are getting inpractical and rarely used (i just use headphones) But, i thought it would be interesting to take them apart and rebuild them and maybe upgrade the parts in them.

Now, of course, i have no idea if this is possible, whether it's worth it, or how to do it.

So any help would be appreciated. I'd be willing to spend about £50 to £150. This is just a bit of fun, nothing serious (that said, it would be great if i could make them better).

Thanks.

you would need speaker that give a nice repose in that box. you can upgrade the crossover with mylar or metal propylene caps and low Resistance air core chokes.

you can make the chokes. year ago, I would go to an electric motor companies and buy a big spool of 14 or 16 Gage copper or magnetic wire (I forget which) and make my own chokes

thanks.

any idea where to find some tutorials or guides on how to do this ?

and the speakers arn't a conventional size - 6 and 3/4inch cones, could be hard to find some that are the same size.

6 3/4" is a common car audio speaker size, aka oversized 6.5".

Not quite sure what you mean, you saying 6.5" is the same as 6.75" ? Because i can't find any 6.75" on the links eric gave me.

Thanks eric, i'll try get the book off amazon or something if my library doesn't have it.
UK library's are generally wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy smaller than your libraries over there.

Okay first question, what kind of speaker should i be using to replace my stock one ? Woofer ?

by it being a vifa it will more than likely already fit in that 6 3/4 spot. their 5 1/4 speakers fit in 5 in holes.

never pay attention to partsexpress power ratings. they are very conservative. I wouldn't change the amp until I tried them in the current setup

Ah okay thanks. I think i'll order two of them then, or maybe just one for now, see how it is. Hoping they ship internationally, if not i'll have to find somewhere else.

Just remembered an important question.. these are actually better drivers than the ones in my behringers right :p ?

Nice to see you helping everyone again Eric, appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom