problems with sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1010

Fully Optimized
Hi
I have got a GA-81875 Ultra which has got an onboard soundcard.
The soundcard is a Realtek ALC658 UAJ.
I was chatting using yahoo, however the voice coming frrom the other side, and going to ther side is not clean, and at times, it is not decipherable.

I am using ADSL as my connection, hence i don't think it is a connectivity issue.

Can anyone tel me how i should play around with the volume controls to get a better voice quality.

Is there also any voice software, which enables one to figure out the voice quality.

I don't know a lot about yahoo! chat, but I do know that onboard sound sucks (unless you use an nForce mobo with integrated sound). It's just cheap stuff that they threw in there so they could charge more for their product. Maybe buying a cheap soundcard would solve your problem. Sound Blaster Live! Value's sell for around $30; that's what I got when I got sick of my onboard sound.

:(
i paid a decent amount for my MOBO, 81875 Ultra,
and the LAN card seems to be play up every now and then, i have already had to stick in an old network card. i don't want to go for a sound card now.

it is supposed to be AC97.

So was mine, actually. AC97 and one or two others are the standard for onboard sound. Most integrated devices are just the cheap stuff and not always that dependable.

You might try installing the latest drivers for your onboard sound, however. They might contain a fix of some sort for this issue. They should be available from whoever manufactured your board. If you don't know the website, check in your manual.

Windows Update provides updated AC97 drivers...

Like Jorsoft I haven't used Yahoo chat but you might check to see if the chat software has adjustments available where you can increase the sensitivity for voice activation. If input isn't continuously streamed, then it requires a certain volume level in order to activate it. And if your input is hanging right at the threshold you would wind up cutting in and out.

Otherwise, perhaps your mic level is too high, and that would cause clipping, the most irritating variety of distortion. In this case you would go into your volume controls (double-click on the little speaker icon in the Notification Area) and lower your mic volume.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom