Photoshop CS3 Problems - PLEASE HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydzy

In Runtime
Gah, so I am in this uni course doing animation and motion graphics, and a HUGE part of one of my subjects is on photoshop. Now I got photoshop CS3 a couple of months ago, it was installed and all was fine and dandy, so about 1 month ago it would crash the second I opened it. lame... anywho, didn't really bother me cause I never used it that much, until I started uni again yesterday and started to need it again.

So it wouldn't work at all, it would load up, then just go to not responding and close, fun fun. Went to uninstall it and reinstall. Pressed uninstall in the add / remove programs section... nothing happens... for about 5 mins. Try this a couple of times. Yeah, so that didn't work.

Looked for an uninstall program. Couldn't find one. Huzzah. Anywho, so in the end I manually deleted the files and went to the registry using regedit.exe and deleted the photoshop folder.

Pop in my magical photoshop cd, go use setup.exe. It does some loading thing, i think it is unpacking onto my HDD or something, so that does that, goes away... nothing. It closes the process setup.exe. I checked in task manager.

Later on I found out that alas! My computer still thinks it is installed, cause in the add remove programs thing it is still listed up there, but now it is only taking up like 30 meg or so of space. I can't uninstall it.

In a desperate attempt to fix this I just go to regedit.exe and use the find function to look for "photoshop" and delete everything I can find. Yeah... so about 30 mins later of just pressing delete enter f3 and realising I am about 10% of my way through the registry, I give that brilliant plan up.

So basically I can't uninstall photoshop. I can't install photoshop. I don't have the files for photoshop. And I can't get rid of these magical imaginary files that make up my computers photoshop. I NEED PHOTOSHOP.

Is there any way that I can trace where the **** in the registry it is telling my computer that photoshop is still installed? Or any ideas on how to install this? It is really **** lame.

Thanks for any help, even if you got any ideas and are unsure please post cause I am stuffed without it.

Cheers,

Sydz

reformatting would make me cry, lol, i dont have enough space to put all this stuff! and i dont want to buy another HDD, lol

I might just try installing it on a mates, manually stealing the files across and creating a custom reg file or something, that's what i did for.... photoshop 7 i think it was, not cause i couldn't install it, it is cause we didn't have an install disc, lol

why would you buy cs3? cs2 is a lot more stable and proven build.

As for the problem..... well since you just deleted the folder your registry is still full of the install stuff from photoshop, and I think the only way other then reformating to fix this is to go through the reg. like you were and deleting photoshop files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom